Liquid Yellow respray question

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Yorkshire_LY, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Hi guys,unfortunately i damaged my rear arch on my R26 - it needs beating out and respraying.

I have a quote of £430 from the local body shop,he will have to respray the whole side of the car including door,and he said he will be able to match the Liquid Yellow (3 coats).

Im a bit concerned if it isnt a good match - is this an easy thing to do....do they just match the paint codes from the datebase? Can it easily be done wrongly?

2. The paints £100 a litre, there's no point going off the colour code as your cars xyz old and it will have slightly faded over time. A decent body shop should use a spectrometer for more accuracy then do the test sprays, put it next to the car and see if they need to tweak the colour slightly

3. So if they just slap it on without testing,is it a big difference?

4. Yes it won't match very well, it's a 3 stage pearl. No point mixing it to factory spec as it will be off

5. Ok - £430 seems a good price as ive been quoted £100 more somewhere else,and some people say you can pay £800+ for it! All i can do is ask him if he will test it properly before,he seemed to know what he was talking about...

6. Whose doing the work, are they recommend

7. Its just a local body shop,but he knew it was a 3 stage pearl paint. Im trying to ask if someone in my area (West Yorkshire) has had their LY resprayed,and if theres anyone decent out there.

8. You’ve heard the saying pay cheap pay twice haven’t you?

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Worth giving these guys a shout, They are known in the RS world and have experience with LY, I think Carl who is one of the bosses has owned Meganes/Clios before

http://www.repairandrestorebodyshop.co.uk

markoc likes this.
  10. what would you expect to pay? I was thinking £400 before i got a quote,but maybe im way out..

11. Cheers mate, i think you replied to me on FB with that - i will contact them.

12. http://www.repairandrestorebodyshop.co.uk/

I now own the LY R26 on their website. It had the front bumper and R26r spoiler painted LY and was a top quality job. Very good match!
    The previous owner had the work carried out but I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
    I can definitely recommend them

13. How much did you pay mate? This is the damage on my R26.... 23331441_10159509549740521_1232556199804472872_o.jpg

14. I don’t know mate. All I know is the ly colour is not easy to match so don’t go for the cheapest price. As a reference a mate of mine has Just had his silver bmw coupe done for £550. Very similar damage to yours.

15. I had very similar damage on my Liquid Yellow Clio 200 and took it to Elite Motor Solutions near Meadowhall this time last year. They blended from the middle of the door down and cost £450 cash. When finished you could not tell - absolutely cracking job and I am very very picky. No colour variations or bad shading!! Give Damien a call on 07834518135 and tell him Paul from Killamarsh recommended them.

16. image.png

17. Daz

Daz

Carl will sort you out - He does my Nimbus work and this, I've found out in the past, can be an arse to match too