Kiwi 3 obd reader thingy

Discussion in 'Technology Chat' started by ghosty0101, Jun 11, 2016.

1. What does it read? I'm mainly looking for afr and oil temp. I'm assuming you might need a separate sensor for oil temp though

2. No Oil Temp available on my MK2 PH1 but that is I think due to Renault not making this information available rather than the abilities of the adaptor, (and would be the same with any device).

You can use the Apps on the phone to make calculations on the fly for some readings. AFR is another one that is not directly available from Renault but Fuel Flow, Vacuum, (Boost), Etc which means you should be able get a reading calculated, Other vehicles may have these values directly but you would need to investigate the actual vehicle details.

For less than a tenner for the BT unit and the same for the Apps, ( which work with any device ), I just took the plunge and bought the adaptor and it's met my needs.

I have purchased a few apps,( Testing for my Business :wink: ), and find they do have their own Pros & Cons, but Torque (android), is the best overall.

There is a set of "extra" sensors available for the torque App for Renault vehicles, but is limited to certain vehicles (and Not my PH1)

There are also vehicle specific code reader apps that work with the Adaptor, but I find a quick google will find more comprehensive information.

If I get time I will try and do a comparison of the apps I have to help the other members here, but may take a while :smile:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  3. Thanks for that! Very helpful indeed!