Just bought a 172

Discussion in 'Other Projects' started by Steve1, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Going to be a track slag , collecting it this afternoon

2. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Ph1 or ph2? Colour? Any more details!?

Don't tease us!

3. It's a silver 53 plate just had belts done full survive history, gonna strip it to death, got a set of coilovers ready for it, need 2 very cheap seats and harnesses for it, gone halfs on it with a mate who wants to have a bash at track days so will be going half each on everything so should work out quite cheap, it's going to be stickered up with my business logo so I'll put it through my books as entertainment

4. My daughter and her boyfriend can have a thrash round it too, and anyone else for that matter

5. This is gonna be funny, lean back 5th gear lol

6. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

Ahh sounds good! Turn this into a project thread.

7. It will survive the 1 St half of a track day, then when dean gets in it will go pear shape

8. Careful with putting it through your books Steve.

9. Why

10. It's not the end of the world if not, I'll see what my accountant says

11. Exactly what borleys doing with the one I showed you Steve :wink: his account puts to down to hospitality and advertising :smile:

12. What a bastard it is to get the rear seat out, trying to get to the bolt between the middle of where the seats join

13. Best place to get discs and pads for the 172, 2500s or yellow stuff, also after 2 seats but 1 will do for now for drivers side, the weight shedding has begun this morning

14. Feirny

Feirny RSM Admin

15. I ran 2500's on my Clio Steve, couldn't fault them.
    Never let me down on track either.

16. You can run oem pads with no problems on the 1*2's as they only weigh the same as a wet fart

17. Ds2500 pads and brembo h/c discs are more then adequate and cheap as chips

18. Yeah George at RTRP will see you right. Also 2500 pads and HC discs all the way on clio's.

Sign yourself up to Cliosport.net if you haven't already. Always seats etc going on there

19. It's nearly stripped, got a set of wheels in 15" on the way, set of part worn RSR Tyres full exhaust inc decat, and quite a few other bits on the way, this will hopefully be one of the cheapest fun things out their, being done a very tight budget so any bits that anyone has laying around that may help throw them my way please , seat and harness still needed

20. Will do

21. £12 a year but will be the best £12 you ever spent. Some bargain stuff going on there sometimes

22. I did log in ages ago but don't know my log in details