Judder under braking at high speed RS250?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Mark_RS, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Any ideas? At the Ring last year the car would judder badly under heavy braking from speed on the driver side, possibly when linked to turning. I got the swivel bearings done both sides and new wheel bearings about 4 months back. Tonight I noticed the same thing from high speed, it's like a warped disc sensation through the steering wheel...

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

What discs are you running?

3. Stock discs and pads as far as I'm aware?

4. Have you got a lot of pad deposit on the discs. I'd take the front pads out and see if there glazed over and rub some sandpaper over them

5. Will have a check at the weekend! Anything else it could be?

6. I mean check the obvious for signs of suspension play from any bushes or bearings (it could even be worn lower arm bushes), but as above it’s pretty likely to be brake pad deposit, especially if it started at the ring.

The first track day I did was on standard discs and pads and I had the same problem - brake pad deposit.

I fitted some more aggressive pads which cleaned up the discs pretty nicely and the issue went away.

Worst case you could the discs skimmed :smile:

7. could be a sticking piston or pad deposits or both. When you take the pads otu check the pistons they could be sticking and causing overheating and / or the pad deposits to happen.

8. Thanks guys, really appreciate the views...I'll get the car checked over as suggested, I don't have the time myself right now to do it.

9. What did it end up being mate ? I have the same thing.... just started after the last track day, I’m assuming I’ve warped the OEM rotor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Hi Robbie, in truth the problem is still there. I did fit new bearings and lower swivel from an N4 but it still does it. I took the pads and discs off and the pad face was deeply pitted (like moon craters) and the discs had a lot of build up in the grooves. I cleaned them a bit and it improved slightly. Jack the car up and spin the wheels to see if there is any visible lateral movement in the disc? I'm swapping out discs and possibly bushes and bearings anyway.

RobbieR likes this.