It's French so had to happen lol.

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by evojkp, Dec 22, 2016.

1. This at 08:30 this morning.

[​IMG]

Drive down from abz after three weeks night shift with no blowers. Window cracked to keep demist but no heat. Grrrr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. What happened? It's a total bummer to have to call help to get home ☹️

3. What a pain although I don't understand what the letters that make up words that make up sentences mean in the original post.

Mikey4410 and grantw like this.
  4. Got into aberdeen after doing three weeks of night shift. Started car and not air con or blower so no screen demist. Had to open window on drivers and passenger side to keep windows clear.

2 and a half hours later I'm home and frozen.

Called Renault assist who came out and said it's fooked. Hence towed away today. Not sure when I'll get it back. Maybe 2 weeks due to holidays.

Mikey4410 likes this.
  5. No demist at all?

Just recently I've noticed mine only comes on after 30 seconds or a minute, occasionally. It never used to do this this. I know it has a very slight delay on cold starts to not over tax the engine, but this was literally a couple of seconds.

What did Renault tell you on the phone? No difference with the air-con off?

6. Yeah nothing at all with any combination off inputs or settings. Renault assist knew straight away it was the blower and would be a dealer fix.

Car was parked up for three weeks while I was offshore and ended up driving 2 and half hours with the windows open to keep the screen clear.

Never had an issue before. Could get full demist as soon as it was turned on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Just waiting on enterprise calling to collect me for a replacement car over the festive period.

8. Oh dear

Is this a common issue then ??

9. Not sure, although it did happen on both of the scenics that my Mrs had. And usually happened in the winter time.

10. Keep us in the loop on what's gone wrong ??

evojkp likes this.
  11. First one I've heard of with that kind of issue.

12. This has happened to my 265 before, same situation as the OP, I hadn't used the car for a couple of weeks and then the blowers wouldn't work at all. Went back to a local dealer and they did some kind of software reset - obviously all covered under warranty but still a right pain in the backside. They reckoned it was something to do with moisture getting into the system somewhere

13. Poor trophy! Good luck sorting it. Don't think it's common never heard of it before this.

14. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Quite a few MK3s have this issue not just the RS.

15. Hmmm mine lives in my garage and only gets used in the dry days so hopefully I'll avoid that but does sound weird that moisture gets in

16. You should try in the wet Chris, it's even more fun! Actually, on the road I probably only find it fun in the wet !

17. But the roads are filthy and salty and puts a massive mess on the lovely paint I do however enjoy cleaning her

nickfrog likes this.
  18. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Its only a Megane, They are meant to be driven not tucked away LOL

19. It will get driven don't worry about that

20. Mine is currently tucked away for winter and did exactly the same thing. I left it running for 20-25 mins and went back and the blowers were working again. It's interesting. I'm hoping I haven't got an intermittent fault which is going to become permanent.

Going to get something to help soak up any moisture whilst the car is left parked up.

Let us know what they find! Hope you're back with it soon.

Lewis likes this.
  21. What's winter ?

-Jamie- likes this.
  22. I think it's summer but with more rain, well it's like that down here

nickfrog likes this.
  23. I use mine everyday for work and haven't been able to clean it lately it's stinking. She hasn't missed a beat so far and I love the thing!

[​IMG]

ting_tong and git-r like this.
  24. looking good buddy

something twisted about one of these being filthy and looking good. Although get a little annoyed at the continual dirty jeans as the leg hits the sill on the way out.

git-r, Lewis and Xanda73 like this.
  25. Hire car delivered. A Ford Mondeo with what appears to be all the toys. Comfy and capable, but not a Meg RS...

Called the dealer who have my car, but dont know when they will be able to look at it. Initially was, yes get it to us and we'll have a look when we can (indicating over the next couple of days), but now they are saying January. :angry:

26. For a warranty issue the dealership have to be able to offer an appointment to look at the car within two working days (or at least that's how we have to work here in Northern Ireland).

27. Or supply a suitable replacement vehicle until it's fixed. Which they have done without hesitation and pre authorised it for up to 15 days.

I'd much prefer my own car, but don't have much need to transport other than taxis over the festive period.

28. Well first drive in Mondeo hire car since it was dropped off and it's sheeeite!!

Xanda73 likes this.
  29. well duh! :smiley:

Not a problem i hope to see as i'm now 1.5 years past the warranty.

Only washed mine.... in August, daily driven but not many miles.

30. Got a call a couple of hours ago. Car's ready, so jumped in the hire car and off I scuttled. Driving home with a big grin. Running like a dream and sooooo good after the mondeo.

Problem was apparently a common Renault issue.....the heater resistor failed and needed replacing. Same issue that we have had on two separate scenics over the years. So pleased to have my Meg back.

31. Good outcome - did they indicate if more recent cars are affected too or if it's a particular batch?

32. More the parts as it's common across a lot of the Renault range. They have had a couple more in over the festive period with the same issue. Although mine was the only RS.

Main thing is that it is fixed and ma baws are getting heat now.

ewant81 likes this.
  33. Good to hear it's back to full health!

evojkp likes this.
  34. Nice one. At least a resistor is only a small issue!

evojkp likes this.
  35. @evojkp I'm guessing you got this done under warranty but any idea how much it should have cost if you'd paid for it?

Does anyone know if replacing the resistor is an easy fix or will it be cheap enough to get sorted at a garage? I had my car laid up for 7 weeks while offshore and the blowers aren't working at all. I've had the problem before but it fixed itself after a day or so of driving, but now I've driven about 150 miles over 5 days and still nothing.

I'm having to drive the misses' pug 207CC because I'm fed up driving with the windows down :flushed:

36. yes, was done under warranty mate.

Not sure what's involved, but cannot imagine that it is and indepth job. But your symptoms sound just like what I had, including the rolled down windows. Give Renault a call and get them to quote a price, then go to a local specialst and get it down cheaper.

A quick google search gives the following, not an RS but shows the location of the pack.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/44-heating-cooling/421361-2010-megane-iii-no-fan-blower-fixed.html

noshadow likes this.
  37. Thanks, much appreciated!

The post you've linked looks worth a try before I call Renault. I've done the scuttle drains before so it's basically taking the same bits apart to see if I can get to the motor. Even if its the resistor I don't think the glovebox is too difficult to remove so worth a shot. All depending on if it's the same setup on the RS models!

38. You can only have a look and see. I'm sure there will be other info on t'internet somewhere to show it.

39. Gave that guide you posted a go today and got the motor running after just a few prods with a coat hanger. Really didn't take much force at all to get the blades to start turning which was surprising. As soon as I saw movement I tried the blowers and everything's working fine now.

Thanks again for posting it, easy fix and definitely saved me a few quid!

evojkp likes this.
  40. Glad you got it sorted