iOS9 Beta - anyone else taken the jump?

Discussion in 'Technology Chat' started by H1JJY, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Saw that the public beta of iOS9 was available for down load.

After a a bit of a wait I have managed to get it on both my iPad and iPhone.

was wondering who else as done this and was it worth it?

I am still unsure. Like the new keyboard and when you show the background apps looks good.
    Also like the split screen on the iPad.

But still a little buggy with some apps. Facebook being one that gives me the most problems.

2. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

Did the beta thing a fair few iOS versions ago, I won't do it again. Too many bugs with various things for everyday use. I'll wait for the general release.

3. I have been running it today. Haven't come into a single bug yet actually.

There dont seem seem to be that many differences. Think you have highlighted the main two I noticed; the keyboard font change and the way the background app screen is.

I have always been on the betas and have to say they are very good for what they are, test releases and usually are pretty stable.

On my iphone 6 so don't get the dual apps which seems quite fancy :smile:

4. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Was tempted to run it tonight bit think I'll wait.

5. I would say go for it. There hasn't really been many issues for me. Although I am not one of those people that are attached to their phones like they are life support.

6. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

I'm thinking about putting it on my iPad mini. I wouldn't risk putting it on my phone. I use that too much.

7. I put it on my phone this morning. No bugs to report so far, works pretty well.

8. It's on both my devices and my phone is never more then a few inches away from me and find the good bits make the problems worth it.
    Facebook seems to better today, but still can use the Nike+ app with Bluetooth

9. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

I'll get it on the iPad tonight then, out of interest I've had the ema saying it's ready but how do I actually go about installing it?

*technoob

10. Have you downloaded the profile to the ipad ?
    If you have

general --> software update

11. My battery life seems to be so much better run this that it used to be.
    For that alone I would say its worth it.

12. That's strange. Mine is shocking since the update

13. Awesome battery here as well.

what phone ?

14. I've learned that the older models are shocking after new updates. My iPad 2 is so much slower after the iOS 8 so I won't bother with the 9. Worst bit is when ever I start typing into the Google search bar the keyboard always closes down on the first attempt. Annoying!