Interest in RS Tuning Group Buy?

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by James B, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Apparently Paul is off until next week, so im just waiting to hear back on a few other queries relating to work done at the same time given the long journey up to them, and then i'll make the booking.

2. Unfortunately they no longer do Saturday's so I'm booked in for Friday 3rd of June at 10am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I'm interested in this but i'm not quite ready yet in terms of 'other stuff' to do on the car.

I've got a misfire on cyl 1 which i haven't yet done any diags on to find out if it's the coil or the injector (could be either at 110k miles)

I've got a 3" turbo back exhaust (incl decat and mid-box chop) but i've not done ANYTHING to the induction side yet - anyone got any recommendations here ? do i need to upgrade the intercooler to get decent gains or will a decent panel filter & airbox mod and the forge intercooler pipework be enough?

If i can get a decent map out of it without spending on an upgraded FMIC then i'll get booked on.

Thoughts?

4. Obviously the misfire is something you would need sorting, but I would say that regarding the question about mods, you can go for a map now with your current mods and then go for a map tweak at a later date with further mods added? It's £100 for the map tweak and you will save £100 by joining this group buy.

Plus it's always nice to get used to a power upgrade and then go for another to enjoy another jump up.

5. Mate I've got decat and exhaust system and ram air induction kit I'll be buying the 630cc injectors and trying my best to get 280bhp with a standard fmic and then I'll buy one at a later date

6. I would be interested but does this group buy have to be within a certain time?

As mapping wise I would be looking at July time maybe even later. I'm running airtec intercooler 3" decat and 3"catback and a Ktec induction kit. On a Megane 250 cup

7. Not sure Paul would take it that high on a standard IC, I would ask him before you turn up. But you will easily make 280 what those mods, I made 270 without an exhaust a sports cat and my clutch was slipping loads.

I would just get a IC before hand you can get them for £130-£150 off ebay and if you waited a did a map tweak is £100 so for the sake of £30 I would do it all at once

8. Hi all - I've booked on and paid my deposit!

I'm booked for the 1st of june at 1pm, the morning slot is still available on that day apparently.

think this is the most recent list:

1. James B (Deposit Paid)
    2. aarroncolley
    3. Semtax (Deposit Paid)
    4. Andypower
    5. SonicUK
    6. Sheff01
    7. starkeey
    8. arranheath28 (Deposit paid)
    9. reeceandharmon (Deposit Paid)
    10. Eddie
    11. ripzay (Deposit Paid)

9. Thanks Ripzay, that's 5 definites!

So if anybody books on now, it's a guaranteed £50 off. And if 5 more people book on then it's £100 :smile:

10. So the £100 group buy is now £50 as I still need to book

11. Guys I booked in yesterday so we only need 4 people to secure the £100 saving. I booked for 10am on 3rd June and the 1pm slot that day was still available.

12. It will be £100 discount when we get 10 people putting deposits down. You and Eddie will take it to 7 :smile:

13. Sorry Eddie didn't see your post - nice one!

Getting close now :smile:

14. Only 4 to go. £100 would be a nice saving

15. We need to get 10 people!!! I want to save £100

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

16. Hopefully a few of the other guys who declared interest at the start of the thread will come through :smile:

17. I posted this up on a few Facebook groups too if that's ok.

18. I'll be booking it in over the next few days. I just need to speak to Paul regarding the current map I have on my car unless any of you guys know? It's currently got a rs tuner map on but I have the original map. Would I need to put it back to the original map before I get there or will it be ok as it is?

19. @james b

Can a Clio go on this group buy? I've a guy needing his 197 remapped.

20. You will have to take your rs tuner box IIRC. As I believe it locks the ecu, when I last asked Paul told me to bring it.

What's the dates the group buy runs till? As I'm interested but wouldn't be able to go until July??

Sent from my HTC Desire EYE using Tapatalk

21. Im booked in on the 31st May at 9am,glad you mentioned the box as I will have to take mine .

John

22. Stuart my son is also booked in to get his R26 powered Clio 200 mapped

23. So you booked two cars in? That's great?

Does that mean we only need one more deposit paid and that's us at £100 saving?

24. Will ring Tuesday might jump on this to get an exhaust from them. Will let you know tueaday

25. James, could you find out a price {or should I ask direct?) for my R26 for;
    Decat
    Injectors
    Panel filter
    All supplied and fitted followed by a Stage 2 tune
    Cheers Grant

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

26. Hey Eddie, as far as I know that will also be ok :smile: please ask him to ring up and mention the group buy to book on with the discount.

If you're genuinely interested I reckon it could go from mid May to mid July. Best thing to do would be to ring up and ask Paul if that would be ok, then let me know in this thread.

Cheers John! Two more names is brilliant!

Cheers mate :smile:

Hi mate, I'm posting the prices again below but due to the fact you've got a lot on your list, and a lot of parts you need them to supply, I'd say it would be best to ring them up and get a definite quote. I would do it Tuesday though as time is running out.

27. So this is the latest list. Please let me know if I've missed anyone off the list and I will add them on. With the people who are ringing up next week we are essentially at 10 people now so if you want to get the discount then please ring up and book on :smile:

1. James B
    2. Semtax
    3. arranheath28
    4. reeceandharmon
    5. Eddie
    6. ripzay
    7. john albone
    8. john albone 2

This is the price information from Paul at RS Tuning:

"The prices are as discussed before.

If STG1 on the R26 it’s £345+VAT, STG2 no injectors £395+VAT and STG2 with injectors £445+vat, We can supply injectors at the same time for £175+VAT fitted. If they supply their own it’s £25+VAT to fit.

RS250’s are £395+VAT unless hybrid and injector which are £445+VAT"

28. * Obviously the prices above are before the discount is applied *

29. Is this still open?

30. Sure is :smile:

31. just talked to them they wont do the discount for an exhaust and map tweak so I am out unfortunatley

32. Guys I spoke to RS Tuning today about a few things I might add on while in for mapping and they mentioned the group buy discount was £100? If this is the case, thanks to whoever he extra people are :smile:

33. Smashing! 10 people and £100 worth of discount!

It got passed around a few different forums so that must have done it :smile:

34. Yeah it's a fantastic discount. The discount actually means that my ferry across is pretty much free of charge which is great :smile:

35. Had mine in today for the remap, thanks for sorting this James B, loving the new found power [emoji14] gutted it started raining just as the map was complete haha so still yet to feel the full grip gains! :smile:

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Eddie_ likes this.
  36. Go on, share the results :smile::smile:

37. 3ab91845935cdf3ab0dee18c8819484a.jpg here's a lil piccy I put on my Instagram haha...

38. Can't quite read the figures is that 295bhp? What miss you running? :smile: can't wait to have mine done, still three weeks to wait! :worried:

39. Yeah, 255-293. That's the fly wheel results, have nothing else on it... Yet hah nice, it will be worth the wait!

Eddie_ likes this.
  40. Booked mine today with supporting work :smile: