Interest in RS Tuning Group Buy?

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by James B, Apr 10, 2016.

1. I'm looking at booking my 250 in for a remap at RS Tuning at the start of May if they have availability and thought I would see if anyone wants to be involved in a group buy?

It would great to get ten people together, or maybe just five. In the past it's not been specific to a certain model so the group can include any vehicles they offer remaps for.

I haven't asked them if they would offer this yet, but I wanted to see if there was any interest first.

Maybe a group buy for May and June?

Let me know if you're interested :smile:

James

2. I'd be interested as I'm getting mine booked sometime in May anyway - I did ask if they were planning any group buys but was told they'd just done one and wasn't planning another any time soon.

3. Ah right, maybe they won't be interested in doing one then. I'll see if anyone else would be up for it before I ring up. If there's a decent number then they may consider it ...

No harm in trying I suppose.

4. Depending on price I could be interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. as above price depending

6. I'd be interested aswell

7. +1

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. I'm game!!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

9. +1 depending on saving

10. its normally £100 off if you get 10 or more from when I did it last year

11. +1 depending on price

12. +1

13. Ok so it seems like there's quite a bit of interest which is great.

I've just been on the phone to them and they are willing to do a group buy.

5 people: £50 off each map
    10 people: £100 off each map

It's a fantastic saving, but there would be a set time frame within which you could get your car mapped. Initially they've said May would be a good time for all of them to be done, but that is flexible. Ideally they want it to be just one month, but I'm sure we could do it from the middle of May to middle of June etc.

What does everyone think? We would have to ring up and leave deposits.

14. I would be interested mate as I've already emailed them for a quote and it was just shy of £500 as I wanted stage 2 with the 630cc injectors. Would the group buy still able me to have that done with the discount or is it just simply a stage 1 ?

15. How about we have a group-buy for the drop-in rod update, injectors and remap? :cool:

16. Group buy applies to everything as long as you book on as part of the group buy and get it done within the time frame :smile:

Would May be ok for you? I think it's a good month for everyone to try and get it done ...

17. Sorry, didn't see your message Sonic.

Group buy applies to all remaps as far as I can tell.

18. If you know a date for when this has to be done, then I may consider it too.

19. Mid May onwards would be good for me.

20. I'm in thanks

21. Ok so there's a lot of good interest here it seems. I'm going to kick things off and say that it has to be done in May. I will try and negotiate that plus a week at each end.

So I'll start a list with those who look to be definite. Bear in mind that a deposit paid to RS Tuning is required from everyone before we can all get the discount.

1. James B
    2. aarroncolley
    3. Semtax
    4. andypower

22. Please add your name to the list if you want to join this group buy and then post the updated list.

23. Nice one. Mays a good time for me. My car can't wait

24. 1. James B
    2. aarroncolley
    3. Semtax
    4. andypower
    5. SonicUK

25. So we've already achieved £50 off, great news :smile:

I'm sure we can get 10 though based on the previous replies, and £100 discount is fantastic. Please add your name on if you are a definite.

26. How much is a map? You'd get more people interested if they knew the original price & the potential discounted price.

27. Hi,

This sounds interesting - what is their usual price for a remap? Do they do just power runs? I have recently got a 225 F1 team and if I don't have funds for a remap then a power run to check fuelling / boost levels would be good!

Regards,

Toby

28. 1. James B
    2. aarroncolley
    3. Semtax
    4. andypower
    5. SonicUK
    6. Sheff01

late May to June would be good for me. Allows me time to possibly get a day off work. I would also want them to fit a decat before the remap. Would they do that on the day aswell? Obviously I know there would be an additional charge.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  29. What discounts do RS tuning usually give?

Edit, just seen the post. Count me in.

30. Would be all good for me mate as long as I know the exact date and they know exactly what I want doing I'm more than happy

31. if you could post price for map???

32. Anyone know how much a stage 1 remap is without the discount?

33. 1. James B
    2. aarroncolley
    3. Semtax
    4. andypower
    5. SonicUK
    6. Sheff01
    7. starkeey

I believe just a stage 1 map is around £560 without any discounts etc

34. For a 250 it's about £450 without the discount, and then £350 with the discount. I'm not sure on other prices though ...

35. I'll contact them and then confirm when I can / can't do! Thanks

36. I will be following this although I am not able to commit until dates and prices are finalised and then I can see what I can manage. Have been waiting for another group buy to come up though

37. If prices can be finalised I will be able to commit then, if not I'll just go with the remote box and mapping option.

38. Can I be cheeky and just on this for a map tweak after fitting decat? Every penny counts.

39. Ok everyone, I've got some prices:

This is for standard vehicles with no modifications:

Megane 3 RS:
    £474 (standard price)
    £374 (discounted price)

Megane 2 RS:
    £414 (standard price)
    £314 (discounted price)

These are prices based on a minimum of 10 people participating.

However, it will change slightly if you have modifications, so what I suggest is that if you want to know a definite price for your vehicle, please either PM me with your mods or post it on here and I will get prices. But I want to get this organised with a week, so make sure you do it as soon as possible please.

Or, if you want to, just give them a call yourself and ask for a price, and then simply deduct £100 yourself to know the reduced price.

40. I'm afraid I don't know how that would work. I'll ask for you though and find out.