Intake and oil temps

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Scottyboytrophy, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Hi guys, still new to megane rs ownership, and these forums, really enjoying my 275 troohy and was wondering what everyone gets on average on Intake temps? I take mine out for a good b road blast when I can and noticed the intake temps only rise above 20degrees when stationary but stays at that consistently when in the move and oil rarely goes above 90. In my experience with turbo cars this is very good and wondered if this was lower than average? Perhaps mine has had an upgraded intercooler? It's hard to tell looking through the grill, or is this bang on the money?

Thanks

Scott

2. should be able to tell mate. The standard one is tiny, but yeah 90 sounds about right.
    i upgraded my intercooler when i got it remapped.

3. Thanks mate, it's more the intake temps im asking about because kicking the cars head in and for it not to go over 20degrees is very impressive.

4. yeah i couldnt comment because i have an airtec intercooler. I know on the dyno it was said to be atleast 15 to 20 degrees less.

Scottyboytrophy likes this.
  5. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

They are fairly efficient on the stock cooler when running stock power, Its only when you start turning the boost up the extra heat becomes apparent and the stock cooler can't cope. I was seeing IAT's of 30/40 degrees above ambient before i went to the larger cooler

Scottyboytrophy likes this.