Insurance

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Chris Llewellyn, May 26, 2017.

1. insurance due in August and just wondering what insurers you guys use? Current premium is £750 with induction kit and stage 1 map which i find expensive judging by previous modified performance cars i've had. 41 with maximum no claims!
    Currently insured through broker chris Knott, policy with LV.

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

brentacre
    sky insurance
    adrian flux
    keith michaels
    greenlight

3. I am with Greenlight

4. I paid £600 with all of the additional covers I needed. I've got a rubbish postcode and 5 years ncb at 24 years old. That's with brentacre but I'm not sure who they put me with

5. Cheers guys, will definitely be shopping around come renewal in 3 months time. Should be cheaper than £750

6. Where are you living?

I'm paying way less than half that - 8 years ncb,43 years old but with no mods.

7. Near Swansea South Wales. Previous type r had more mods, 370bhp and was £300 cheaper?? Doesn't make sense. Car was more expensive too.
    Soon as i changed to the megane it went up as it's a higher group 40 insurance. Don't know why such a high group.
    Expect to pay around £500-£600 so will shop around renewal time

8. Who are you with mate?

9. Hastings direct - nobody special. I just switch every year to the cheapest on go compare. It's £341 with protected no claims, windscreen cover & legal cover

10. Swansea for you mate. Do a quote with a different postcode it'll vary loads.

Mine was the cheapest it's ever been last year about 290, got 315 this year with protected Ncb- admiral always the best for me by miles, I'm 27.

11. Yes the mods have added around £200 though

12. Motor insurance only going up anyway - no reform is coming in for ages now in view of the election and the change in the discount rate for injury (higher cost) means every insurer has hiked rate in the interim

Just ring around the brokers and see if they can beat your best quote, the all use the same insurers largely anyway just a commission game

13. Chris knott

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

14. Privilege have been best for me last 2 years
    34 with 10yrs Ncb- £500

15. £210 for me, conna remember who it's with !

16. I have just renewed with Greenlight, all mods declared, everything including the r26r rear spoiler and was £326, not too bad a postcode, old and 15yrs ncd