Insurance quote

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Chris Llewellyn, Jul 28, 2017.

1. just had an insurance quote from Adrian Flux for £490 mods covered.
    15 plate megane rs265
    Stage 1 map
    ITG intake
    H&R springs
    Dump valve
    41yrs old with full no claims
    Fair price?
    Will tried a few others to try and better it if i can

2. Thats not a bad price to be honest mate. Im 27 with 9 years ncb, and mine is £490 (similar mods to yours as well)

You could always try a company called greenlight, they have always been good to me.

3. Thats not good
    I had a quote from them and as they were too pushy i tried elsewhere, i phoned Greenlight and with everything declared they came in £90 cheaper and thats without any haggling.
    Worth the phone call :sunglasses:

4. I have always found Greenlight and A Plan to be very competitive for modified cars

5. You will find out if its a good price by shopping around.

Asking other people what they get is pretty pointless with car insurance.

6. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

brentacre
    sky insurance

7. Funny you say that, found them quite pushy too! Looking at quote they sent by email the insurer is ERS who i have never heard of. After a quick search it turns out they have had shocking reviews!
    Will definitely be trying greenlight and a few others. Online quote with admiral with mods was £890. Taking the piss!

8. Still shopping around but was curious if the price was there abouts. These megane RS'S are pretty high insurance groups for some reason.
    Previous fk2 type r tuned to 370bhp i was only paying £400 and that was a £26k car too!

9. For me, a quote from Admiral for a totally standard car, was more expensive than my quote for my quite well modded from Greenlight :sunglasses:

10. Gavin.

Gavin. RSM Admin

After my accident earlier this year along with the rise in prices and living in a Manchester postcode, cheapest I could find was £784 on the 250, that's with Keith Michaels.

11. Ratings are a strange thing, I've been with admiral since day dot - last renewal was £300 on my 265 (I was 27 at the time). So many factors some insurers care more over the other, occupation can be massive & mileage of course

12. Privilege were the best for me

13. Greenlight. £450 2yrs no claims, old & loads of non std parts.

14. Had a better quote from greenlight today. £440, happy with that. Very helpful and knowledgeable of modified cars too. Think i will be going with them. Offer trackday cover as well which was reasonable.

15. They don't cover Castle Combe though.

16. Yes they told me that. Too many crashes there i think:grimacing:

17. Apparently Quarry is the culprit.

18. Yes they told me that. Too many crashes there i think:grimacing:

19. Whoops sent twice by mistake:tearsofjoy:

20. I phoned Adrian Flux when I first picked up my 275 cup-s and was quoted 780, they said it was so high because it WASNT modified. I was previously 480 with my modified Meg GT (same F4RT engine and turbo) bananas really

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk