Sponsored By:  

Insurance - From 1-10 how much of a dickhead am I?

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by eddie ninja, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Just called up my insurer Aviva to tell them about the upgrades and ask if they do trackday insurance.
    They said they don't and that they will have to cancel the policy.
    I said I'll get separate TD insurance elsewhere and keep the road insurance with them.
    Computer said no. Due to the classic bin it on a TD, dump it on road to claim issue. So I've got a week to get insurance for a modded meg with no NCB.
    Balls.

2. Doh!! Better to have found out though and be insured :smile:

3. Hi Eddy
    Give Greenlight a call https://www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk/ i am insured with them, i listed ALL of the modifications to my car and they were cheaper than a standard car with Admiral they also do trackday insurance i am sure.
    Plus it's like for like replacements :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Don't bother with Adrian Flux either they were over £150 dearer :dizzy:

Pyper and eddie ninja like this.
  4. I'm with Greenlight also and have declared all modifications. I've been with them from I had my Clio Trophy and they seem to be the best about especially when the car has been modified.

Pyper and eddie ninja like this.
  5. Insure it in the other half's name?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

6. Not doubting what you say, I'm with Adrian Flux, listed all the mods and they were over £150 cheaper than a standard car with Hastings Direct!!! Bizarre! Not sure if they cover TD's tho! I'll deal with that when the time, and car, are right!

7. And, it's like for like replacements on all mods too.

8. 11.

:smile:

Turbo_Ric and eddie ninja like this.
  9. Yep already waiting for them to call back tomorrow.
    Also called Adrian Flux and said I wanted TD insurance which they said I'd have to get separately even though they do it. Weird.
    Both names I'd seen mentioned on here so again top work forum ;-)

10. I'm already a named driver on our other car. We had a 2 car policy with Admiral. I've got no NCB as used the bikes. Will still try it just in case though I guess?

11. I think when a had a chat to the chap at greenlight he said £40 a day, but not Castle Combe and i think it was UK only, so no Nurburgring cover

12. I tried there multi car policy total joke, not really any discount just trying to get you hooked in

13. Was the cheapest we could get between my missus having a claim a few years back and my NCB. Absolute lottery.

14. Greenlight or sky (not the telly people!)

Had my clio insured with GL all mods declared they were £240 cheaper than Adrian flux.
    The megane is insured with Sky, all mods declared and the wife as a second driver. Pay £38 a month.

Only reason I changed was greenlight wouldn't insure the missus as she never driven a performance car ever.

Both really good insurers to deal with. Friendly and know their stuff.

15. Also worth giving Chris Knott a call for a quote. Along with Sky (who I'm with) and Greenlight (who insured my modified mx5 for 5 years) Chris Knott gave me a very competitive quote.

Jamesycc likes this.
  16. I went with the cheapest road insurance I could find on a comparison site. £538. I've got no NCB so Greenlight couldn't help so I'll go with this until April (one year NCB) then try Greenlight and others then.
    Thanks for the advice.

17. I presume you've called them and declared all your modifications then if you went via a comparison site?

Also, you'll only have 1yrs NCB this time next year, not in April. As soon as you left/leave your previous insurers you'll loose the NCB you were building with them and then you'll start from scratch again with your new insurer.

18. :-(

19. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

sky insurance
    greenlight
    Brentacre
    HIC

im currently insured with brentacre they were £80 cheaper than the nearest

20. Dont know of any comparison site that insures modified cars.. Could be wrong.