R26 How to change side light bulb??

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Mark B, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Do I have to take the bumper off to change the osf side light bulb?
    I've had a quick look online and people suggest going in through the top - I tried and can't even see where the bulb is....

2. It’s a bit awkward, but you access the bulb holders from the inner wheel arch. Some guides will say to remove the wheel for ease, but I just turn the wheel in. There is a removable plastic panel within the arch liner which you take out. Then it’s a case of using a torch and reaching in to remove/fit bulbs. Bit fiddly but won’t take too long once you’ve located the wire feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I always used to do mine by taking the bumper off. But in the end I got so sick of it I tried a different approach. It can actually be done with the bumper on. The passenger side is easier than the drivers. I go in through the top. The drivers side is the tricky one, I take out the washer bottle filler neck (the top bit just pulls off) gives you more room. you may want to undo the boost pipe bracket aswell so you have a bit more wiggle room.

You have to do it fairly blind, but you can fit your hand down there, pull the rubber cap off the back of the light (I leave it on one side as its tricky to get off completely and then a nightmare to get back on) and theres a little plastic thing you pull out which has the little side light bulb in it.

Hope this helps. I've never tried it through the arch liner.

4. what Joe said. Next time I need to do mine I'll ask someone with small hands to do it for me while I tell them what to do.

5. Cheers guys. I'll get a bulb tomorrow and give it another go. I didn't know the top of the washer bottle actually came off.
    Failing that I'll take the bumper off. I need to refit the splitter and there's a rattle on one side...