250 How low before a driveshaft spacer

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Sgwads, Oct 14, 2018.

1. as the title says; how low can I go before a driveshaft spacer or how do I physically see if I need one?

Thanks

2. most aftermarket coil over fitters drop around 50mm (2") with no issues after that vehicles going 70mm (3") or more likely need single spacer on left drive shaft

3. How does that translate to the distance from wheel centre to arch height? I can then measure mine and see where I stand?
    Was going to set mine to 330 front and 340 rear

4. zero idea on these ride height am afraid, however that 330/340 seems good place start, maybe others might have some input

5. i thought (standing to be corrected) that is also depended on any negative camber as well. If you done the drop without any camber it increased the possibility of an issue. Plenty of guys running lowered set-ups with no spacer and car take abuse on road and track without issues.

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Patrick at Kirfel recons if they have more than 2 degrees of camber they don't really need the spacer and I'm inclined to listen to him due to how many he has put out and the use they see.

Saying that I run one for peace of mind but know a few who don't bother but run pretty aggressive camber

evojkp likes this.