250 How do you remove the coupe door 'blades'?

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by Mark_RS, Apr 28, 2018.

1. They look slotted on the inside of the door but it won't really budge! Any ideas? This is the big blade that runs along the side of the car at the door bottom.

2. Are you running out of things to take off your car lol

I'd like to know this also. They must just clip on from the outside

3. I need to transfer them to the FRP doors! From the inside yes, they just have 'feet' that run in grooves about 10 or so of them. Problem is, when I try to push the blade from the outside it moves a few mm and that's it, when I try to move them from the inside, they don't budge...must be a technique. Annoyingly the FRP doors were moulded without the blade :worried:

4. Well from looking at the online parts catalogue, it says it has some sort of screw that fixes it in place.

5. Where are you looking Danny? There's a retaining clip at the back (like an electrical plug connector type) but I can't see any screws?

6. On catcar.info. Choose megane 3 then your model.

Section 55 protection- external trim/ spoilers

Says it's a large round head screw 5x1

7. Yeah dead easy, remove the rubber cover at the bottom edge on the inside then just slide the whole thing back

8. Glad you got sorted. Do you still need to remove the door car to take them off, I'm only interested as it would make things easier when I machine polish it

9. Nope, open the door and look bottom left (on passenger door). Real easy.

10. Does it have clips on the back of the blades that slide into retaining holes on the door

11. This help? Yes slot in and slide.

20180429_094243.jpg
    20180429_133038.jpg

Danny Danger likes this.