How do you change the glove box light mk3

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Mikeyjp, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Hi, changing all the bulbs over, gone quite smooth until now, how do I get this'll one out?

Thanks

2. I need to know this too. Changed all my interior bulbs to white leds except the glove box one because I couldn't figure it out

3. Dongerz likes this.
  4. Does anyone know the size of the feston bulb in the glovebox?

Mikeyjp likes this.
  5. Hi, it is exactly the same as all the interior bulbs

6. All the interior are 501s, my glove box is a feston bulb, completely different

7. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Which air vent does he mean? The passenger side one or the centre ones? Did we confirm if it's a 501 or feston?

8. It's not going to be the center one is it lol... . And seems no one has confirmed bulb type, probably because its to much hassle

9. Charlie Howard

It could have been the center one! I'll have a look tomorrow, they're not hard to remove so shouldn't be much of a hassle.

10. If you are a contortionist maybe lol, I gave up trying to get the vent out ,was worried about breaking it

11. Charlie Howard

I dropped something in my centre one lol so I had it off, wasn't very difficult!

12. Charlie Howard

Just took the vent off, was very easy to do. The bulb isn't a 501 it is a festoon, I'm not sure what size it is though.
    s-l1600.jpg

13. Cool, at least we know now. You just need to measure it, standard sort of car festoon bulb

14. Charlie Howard

I think it's a 39mm, I've ordered one and will fit it next Tuesday and let you know!

15. How did you get the RenaultSport long bit of trim off? You have to remove this to take the passenger side vent off to access the bulb don't you? Any pictures of the clips behind the RenaultSport trim?

16. Charlie Howard

I'll take some pictures when I get the bulb but I just pulled and jiggled the vent, didn't remove the trim completely. It's pretty hefty so breaking it would be difficult.

17. Charlie Howard

Did it just now, easy job! As long as you don't install the bulb the wrong way round, twice.

Start out by prying the vent surround from the top and left.
    ZK7Sn0T.jpg

Give it some more pulling from the left and bottom.
    1tqc8nc.jpg

I started to wiggle it and the RS trim will start to come away with it.
    DCQlGKw.jpg

The surround will then completely come away, there is a long tab on the right-hand side of the surround under the trim.
    wAGLMRX.jpg

The vent will then slide right out.
    d6zHEx2.jpg

JlllCK J, Mikeyjp and dan4291 like this.
  18. Nice guide, thanks

Might order myself a bulb :smile:

19. Charlie Howard

Just don't put the light in the wrong way round twice like me! The positive goes on the terminal nearest to you.

20. Good little guide. Link to correct bulb?

21. 39mm festoon, as mentioned above ,Google.......

22. Charlie Howard