High miles issues

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Keefylad, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Not searched so apologies if this is a repost but what sort of mileages are some of the higher mileage megane's out there and what sorts of thing have you had to replace as a matter of course?.

thanks

lee

2. Mines on 80k on an 04 plate. Just had hubs refurbed, belts and head gasket and he told me my bushes are starting to perish and I think I've seen a few others mention they are too.

3. R26, 105k. Full history and not abused. Has had the usual bits replaced obviously, but still on original clutch and engine never been touched...........

4. God, I said high miles lol, if 105k is classed as high mine must be the piggin space shuttle, had to replace 1 hub, clutch, belts naturally.......twice.............but that it really, still original engine, turbo ect

lee

5. Lol, how many has yours done?? I never worry about miles though, as long as it's been maintained.

6. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Mines on high 90's

7. And the highest mileage award goes toooooooooooo.............me I think on 146.500:blush:

Id like to thank all who contributed to my total......couldn't have done it without you he he

8. You lot have barely even been to the shops!

9. I don't know about my R26 but as soon as my 172 hit 100,000 it started to have all sorts of problems. I spent over £1k in 2months.

So when the meg gets that high I'll be getting shot of it.

10. Lol, my theory is "everything that can go wrong probably has by 100k, so it should be ok now!"
    i am in the sales trade and do several higher mileage fleet cars, they always sell well......

11. Mines just passed 62k :cool:

12. Im the 3rd owner, my wife was the second and the first was a fleet for Renault Manchester, I have a full detailed list of absolutely everything it's ever had done to it totalling 11k!, never had and engine or turbo though, every service on it was billed at 4-500 quid!. Still tight and goes like a train!.

13. I thought mine was getting on just hitting 70 000 lol then again my last ar was going well at 133000 when i sold it

14. I've often thought along the same lines.

You buy a car with 40-50k on the clock and it will have had fairly basic services, parts would be worn but not to the point of requiring replacement. So in the next 20k or so you'll end up spending out money on potentially a new clutch, cambelt, bushes etc.

If you buy a car with 80k+, then it's likely that it's had a variety of worn parts replaced so until they wear again it should theoretically be quite trouble free. I say theoretically haha.

Hence my decision to by a Trophy with 40k on the clock............DOH!!

15. I'm on 112k. Nothing major, simple maintenance odds and sods. Nothing different to the everyday faults listed, if any! Bought mine at 97k already had clutch brakes etc! Mileage is nothing.

16. Doesnt seem to be on the rs's, car still behaves like a car with half the miles, apart from the wear on the seat bolster and the red stitching on the top of the wheel worn down you think it was on 60k

17. The red stitching has gone on mine at only 40k so don't worry about that! My recaro leather looks like new though, my old 225 bolsters were fairly worn at this stage.

18. Mine is 35k miles. I don't abuse car, so I hope it will be no trouble till 100k miles.

19. Stitching gone on my steering wheel too. I had a 225 Lux before and the leather was quite worn on the drivers seat at 100k. The Recaro is still looking good in the R26 though, and it doesn't use any oil between services. Good old Germans certainly can't make that claim anymore!! Meeeooowww

20. i have recaros in, the bottom bolster where your right leg goes is where it's worn, I'll have it repaired soon enough though. The wheel really bothers me though.

21. Mines at 29k and I'm hoping to run it to 100k. Fingers crossed....