Hi guys.. megane rs trophy 2011

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Jonniebrad, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Right guys I need some help
    At the moment I have a focus rs mk3, awsome car i do like it and have had some other great cars like rs3, a45 etc I go to the nurburgring quite a lot, my friend has just baught a 2010 250 cup megane mapped at our local rs tuning and I have to say for the money it is awsome i love it. So my thinking is why have all that money sat on my drive in the focus when i can have as much fun in a megane I have seen a trophy I'm interested in I don't know of you guys know it on here ng61xjt a black trophy I am off down to see it this weekend coming. are they a good car or am I under some kind of illusion because I have only driven one in germany I have never owned a Renault before and in the past they have had reliability issues. What issues does the megane have minor problems are not a big deal I can work on cars and gearboxes is my trade but i don't want to be repairing it more than driving it. Cheers for the help

2. Only owned one for a few weeks so can't comment on reliability but I did test drive a lot of cars before deciding on this one.

Mk3 RS, a45 Amg, rs3, GTR, m4, exige v6, etc etc. I really liked the focus, I very nearly bought one. It was more plush, more modern, and super fast. But it wasn't as connected or thrilling as the Megane.

In fact only the exige and GTR had the excitement of the meg, but obviously for a lot more money and maintenance.

It has a raw fun factor that I've not experienced in many cars. And it's mega on track. Even with my below average driving skills haha.

I'm no big car expert and don't pretend to be, but those were my experiences, hope it helps.

3. Not to many common issues..Swivel ball joints are probably the most common problem on the MK3,they can go quite early,so watch out for knocking from the suspension.
    Also the gearbox mounting bolt can sheer..but this seems to be a easy fix.

Reliability other than that seems very good..The engine is stronger than the MK2, so it can handle 300HP with ease.

Lots on here racking up many hard track miles with no issues.
    Typical Renault really..using old,tried and tested tech, to maximum effect!