Hi guys, bought myself an rs250

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Scott Morgan, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Hi guys, recently bought a meg250 after owing an astra vxr. I'm looking for tuning parts for it but they just don't seem to be around like the astra parts are am I looking in the wrong place or does anyone have any links etc thanks Scott

Big Uno likes this.
  2. Big Uno

Big Uno RSM Trader

Welcome Scott, bet you dont miss the understeer :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

There are a handful of retailers for Renault tuning parts, and like any other cars prices can vary wildly, depends what you are looking to do to the car!
    Happy to offer some advice on retailers in DM if you like!

3. Welcome! The one drawback with Meganes is that used parts aren't in huge supply, as they aren't very common cars.

There are a few suppliers out there for new parts. Are you after anything in particular?

4. Mate. Before spending money on tuning parts do the basics oil, filters tyres etc. Then look at all bushes and bearings especially bottom arms. Can be pricey in the long rub

5. What are you looking for?
    engine,suspension,brakes,cosmetics..or all 4!

6. Yeh car has been fully serviced when I bought it, everything seems pretty good on It, just after the basics really an exhaust but don't want some thing that is going to drone all day long and an intercooler, also seeing stuff do with uprated injectors seems common? It's a cup chassis but still sits quite high on 18s anything I can do about that? Cheers guys

7. If you want a bit more noise but nothing too loud, it might be worth starting with a middle silencer delete. Any custom exhaust place should be able to do this for you for around £50-70. The car is still quiet while cruising, but just sounds a touch more aggressive and will pop and bang a lot more. For the cost, it's probably worth trying before forking out for an expensive aftermarket exhaust. The standard exhaust doesn't actually appear to be very restrictive either. If you still wanted more noise than the mid box chop, it might be worth having a replacement downpipe/cat fitted later, as that's the only real restriction in the exhaust (though still fine for moderately tuned cars I believe). On my 265, I had the middle silencer removed, fitted an induction kit and recirc. blank and I thought it sounded really good. People will argue about the benefits/drawbacks of induction kits until the cows come home, but it was a good combination in my view. Not too loud, but I felt it added some much needed aggression.

Airtec, Forge and Wagner all do intercoolers, though there might be more. Airtec is the cheapest I think, though I have heard people suggest that the Wagner is the best. Having spoken to Engine Dynamics, they said an intercooler is a good idea. Not specifically for the power increase, but just for more consistent IATs. An intercooler and remap should see you to just over 300bhp. I believe bigger injectors are only needed once you go to a bigger turbo, but someone like @-Jamie- will know more about that than I.

As for the ride height, a lot of people tend to fit different springs. H&R or Cooksport seem to be the most popular choices. From what I have seen, they give a much nicer stance without being 'too much'. I couldn't comment on how they impact ride quality though. Of course you can go much further with coilovers etc, but I think it really depends on what you're using the car for.

I'm sure someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong, but hopefully that helps a bit :smile:

8. Ive done the basic mods on mine. Ktec cat back, don't laugh but a astra vxr cone filter, pro alloy fmic. Awaiting decat then car booked at rs tuning for map next month. Must admit with filter and zorst car sounds so much better. And massive wangers is right(still makes me chuckle when i see his name) injectors wise is only really necessary when goin hybrid etc. But also depends what the car is used for. Ie if track i would invest in tyres and suspension or if its a daily probs the mods that been mentioned