Hi from Liverpool

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Colin Maassarani, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Hey everyone looking forward to joining in on a few discussions. I have been into reno's for years, also a member in a few other renault clubs and forums . Currently I have three reno's but sadly don't own a megane RS. I do have something very similar though, a fluence Ze that has the full megane trophy suspension, interior and bodywork, quite an unusual DSC_0063.JPG car.

2. Hey matey ! Welcome aboard

3. Thanks Mikey

4. Even the dog looks confused. Looks like you have done a good job though.

5. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't really know what a Fluence is! Looks quite smart with the Megane bits on though.

6. LOL she's not confused just wondering why she's not playing fetch.

7. It's a bit rare as was only sold as an electric car in UK n there's only 50 odd here. Every where else got the Fluence as a petrol diesel or electric car. It's Basically a megane saloon.

8. Me neither

9. As mentioned there's only a few in the UK, there more popular abroad where renault offer their full range of cars. It seems renault aren't that keen to sell the saloon versions In The UK. We never got the clio or mk2 megane saloons offered here?

10. The clio looks a little bit odd but I really like the new megane saloon shame it's not offered in the UK think they would have a good seller?

11. Saloons have very much gone out of fashion in this segment in the UK it seems. The new Megane saloon above does look nice.

So yours is an EV? What's the spec?

12. Yeah the current megane saloon is a great looking car it's possible to have one in the UK if you buy it in Northern Ireland and bring it over that's where my fluence came from. Spec wise in standard form there very similar to the Nissan leaf, with the renault Nissan alliance sharing parts and technology but luckily not design.

13. I'm not going to lie, as a standard car, it doesn't look all that good. The Megane bits have transformed it though. What's it like to drive? Are they very heavy? Just wondered how the Trophy suspension worked out on it.

I suspect my 265 probably sounds better but fair play, you've brought one very interesting car to the forum!

14. Is the Trophy suspension ohlins?

15. Thanks, it's got all the 2014 265 trophy equipment as this car is the same year so sadly no ohlins. It's a fairly heavy car as it's been extended and is about 6 inches longer than the engined varients to fit the battery behind the rear seats and these weigh about 320 kgs. This gives it 50/50 weight distribution, so if anyone is looking for firmer suspension the Fluence ze has much stronger rear springs fronts are a bit softer. A thicker front anti roll bar is also fitted think it's only a few mm's can measure if anyone wants specs.

massivewangers likes this.
  16. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Does yours have the full RS Megane front suspension setup on it then?

17. Yes it's got the perfo hub set up. suspension is all the same as 265 trophy apart from thicker front anti rollbar and on the rear I found the stock damping a bit too soft so the stock shocks have been swapped for some adjustable avo coil overs with 200lb springs. I had it on H/R lowering springs for a while but the roads in Liverpool are full of pot holes and speed bumps so changed back to standard ride height n springs.

18. This is how it looks under the bonnet if anyone's interested . Has a motor/differential at the bottom with an inverter to control power to the motor sitting on top and a 3kw ac to do charger on top, all connected together with big orange cables.