1. He's about 2 miles from me Andy , if your free tomorrow your more than welcome to PM me and pop over to mine, not putting my address on here for obvious reasons mate

2. Im Easd midlands bud, Nottingham, thank you very much for the offer :smile:. Am relatively handy with the spanners myself but belts are just one thing ive never been confident on.

Would you boys say a 110,000 mile R26 would now be classed as high mileage, but has full service history inc cambelt change?

3. Tough call

4. I may even be tempted to wait until comes up with a forum member, id rather buy from an enthusiast than a muppet on fleabay :wink:

5. I personally would not want one with that kind of mileage, these cars tend to get driven quite hard..... Why else would you buy one?! It's all the running gear as well as the lump.
    low milers are still out there it's just a matter of keeping a look out. I picked mine up with 39k on the clock 3 months ago put paid 6 and a half for it, with all belts done FRSH etc.
    i would have the money sat in the house and be prepared to head out as soon as you see a good one as they are not about for long.

6. Thanks for the advice mate :smile:. Im in no rush i guess, however im still tempted to go back to that guy in Leicester and say im unsure about the car because of the belts and offer him 4 and half, then get the belts done myself just for peace of mind, the rest of the car seemed in very good condition apart from front bumper but thats one set of mates and contacts im not short on is body repair guys

7. Can't you send him a message with the offer

8. I would be cheeky and offer a bit less than that, at the end of the day he can only say no then work back up to 4 and a half.
    did you have a looks at the v5 see if you can get the address and give the previous owner a bell, might get a bit more info on the car, the belts might have been done and its still a bargaining tool as the dealer will be non the wiser!
    And if you know lads that can sort the bumper for you it's a good buy.

9. Hopefully off to Cambridge Thursday or Friday to have a look at a Liquid Yellow one, by far my fave colour, good condition, 80k with full service history and proof of belt changes, will let you guys know how i get on :smile:

Theres the white one in the for sale section too for £7000, id be very interested in that too but im about £1000 shory at the mo :worried:

10. meg1.jpg
    meg2.jpg

Well here she is, got it home safe and sound, and met a club member Steve1 and friend on the way, really nice blokes! loving the car already, just need some decent rear tires, the ones on there at the mo are almost new but absolutely woeful!

11. Looks good. Get cracking with the polish.

12. Good to meet you today Dan, pilot super sports all round and may see you Saturday up at donington

13. absolutely mate, thanks for the invite and a look around your car, amazing machine! let me know the details on Donny next week and ill try and get there to watch =)#

14. It's Saturday the 6th, donington, all day track day, jump in for some passenger laps, so remember your helmet, I'll take a spare with me anyway .