Hello from Austria!

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by MarioTa, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Hi,

I am Mario from Austria and I own a yellow Megane 3 RS 275 since about 10 months.
    My first car was a blue Peugeot 106, which I swapped for a VW Golf III Cabrio after a very short time. Later I got the Clio IV 90hp when it was quite new, and after four years I have the Megane now.

I was super lucky to get the Megane, it was one of the last according to my dealer. I was actually visiting him because I wanted to get the Clio IV RS (Me:"once in my life I want a useless fast car" :grin: ), but then he showed me the Megane for nearly the same money. It had been registered as a demonstration car before, but it was never used for customer test drives. It was mostly an eye catcher and the dealer's "baby". So I got it with only 150km. He probably decided to sell it just before the presentation of the Megane 4 RS.
    It has the Recaro seats which I would not have chosen as an extra, but I love them now. Also it came with the 19 inch two-tone Steev wheels. For winter I use 18 inch Autec Wizard. I am not sure yet which I like more. The Wizard look more racing-like I think.
    That's all, as far as I remember everything else on this car is standard. So no RS monitor or Akrapovic exhaust.
    For the massive power the car has, I feel it sounds not "naughty" enough. Just a bit. So I am probably going to get a new rear silencer and change the mid silencer to a pipe. I decided to go for that although it will probably be impossible to "legally" drive it, but I hope that it won't be too loud. I know that every super sports car or motorcycle is louder than a Megane, but in Austria the problem is not only "loud" itself, but "louder than before". I already had a look at some of your cars, I came to the conclusion that the laws are less strict in Belgium or in the UK. :smile:

Anyways, another change I want that seemingly every RS owner does is lowering the car. I will get either the Eibach 25/15mm springs or the H&R 35/35mm. I am not sure yet, because I initially wanted to use spacers too, but I don't know which one to get. I want to avoid having different screws in the front and in the back, but I also don't want 20mm bolt-on spacers in the front. Another option would be 5mm spacers front and rear, but I would have to get 40 new screws (summer/winter) for only 5mm per wheel. Would one even notice that? Is it worth it?
    The last possibility I see is using 20mm bolt-on spacers only in the rear. But that doesn't work with the H&R springs I read.

Feel free to give me some advice! Also feel free to suggest some must-have-changes! :grinning:

A photo from my all-stock-RS275 (if it works):
    Auto1.jpg