Hello everyone

Discussion in 'New to the Club? Why not introduce yourself?' started by Jdrummo31, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Hello there, the names jordan.

Had my 225 a few months now. I moved from a seat Leon Cupra R which I got when I was 20. Had that for a year and half and bought this and I love it. A lot sharper engine and chassis. Love throwing it around. A couple of problems though. My gear stick is a little sticky and I also have a red substance in my coolant bottle. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

welcome along fella!Pics of the coolant issue? Is the actual coolant red?

3. Welcome, some pics ´ll help

4. Hey buddy, is your gear stick stiff as in won't go back to neutral properly?
    If so sounds like the actuator

5. Will get some up this aft when I get back from work mate. It's like a red brick colour and it's settling on the walls of the bottle so I'm guessing it's doing it in the hoses.

6. Yeah if I come out of 1st/2nd it doesn't go back to the centre. I'll strip linkage out today as cars off road for some work at the moment anyway and post some pics

7. Welcome bud

8. Cheers mate

9. When you strip the linkage down you will see a nylon sleave, take that out and give it a rub inside with a small round file or sand paper so that the shaft slides through more freely, lube it up and re-fit, that will sort the problem out should take you no more than an hour to complete the whole job, there is a how to guide somewhere how to remove the linkage
    cheers Steve

10. Cheers steve. Going to make a start now I'm home from work. Do you reckon it's worth getting short shift mod done? I've not driven one with it. Cars off road for a few more weeks with bodywork and a few other things I want sorting so not in no major rush

11. This is what it looks like guys

Attached Files:

12. Welcome enjoy

13. Welcome bud, I'd really recommend getting the short shift mod, got it on mine the other month and love it!

14. Cheers mate. Do you know anybody who does it?

15. Cheers mate

16. That looks a lot like rust build up in your coolant. When was the last time it was changed? I would really recommend giving it a good flush and then filling it with the OEM Renault coolant!

17. I should have done it but haven't yet only had it a few months so not too sure on the last change. Reckon a water pump change is due? Thanks for the advice

18. There's a guy on the other forum called andrewjeffs, he's not on here yet, but I don't think it will be long before he joins up.

19. Cheers mate what's he charge and what's best way to get full linkage out

20. £60 or something like that. I'll send him a message and get you an email address. Will PM you about getting the linkage out.

21. Cheers bud