275 headlights vibrating

Discussion in 'Exterior & Bodywork' started by pick, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Hi,
    275 cup-s,
    Since I got the car above, there is a vibration in the headlamp beam , the bumpier the road, the worse it gets. The headlamp units are able to move slightly at the bottom when I checked them but can see no way of tightening them anymore. They move at the bottom of the headlamp unit,the top has the bolts fastening it in but can't see any for the bottom of the light unit which gives the unit enough freeplay ( not a lot but enough ! ) to move slightly causing the beam vibration. Really annoying !
    Anyone else have this annoying problem and is there a way to stop the movement or am I missing something ?
    Any replies appreciated and hope I have explained the problem as clearly as possible.
    Thanks,
    Andy

2. Sounds like they have not been put in the runners correctly at the bottom? Remove the headlight unit. 2xbolts and that metal retaining clip and slowly pull them forward.

Unclip the connectors and just check all the runners are ok and the clips are on the headlight units themselves.

Once you remove the unit you will see what am on about.

3. I notice when washing mine that they were a bit loose at the base. The driver side more than the passenger side.

4. Have checked they are in the runners but as above, they are still loose at the base. Not a lot but enough for the beam to vibrate on certain roads / road surfaces. Just a bit annoying. Not sure if they can be wedged at all at the bottom or if anyone has a solution ?

5. Could be it’s not the whole unit just the H7 bulb not located correctly also check security of the deflector that’s over front of bulb

6. i noticed on my way back from Spa last night, one of mine is doing this also, will have a look to see what it is in a day or two.