Headlamp washers for mot? 225 2007

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by maddog, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Does anyone know if its an MOT fail to have removed the headlamp washers from a 225 2007 RS Megane?

As far as i know they are not HID lamps, just normal H7 halogen bulbs

My washers stopped working so removed them but a mate thinks they were needed.

Cheers

2. matt e

matt e South East RSM Area Rep

i removed mine and had the bumper smoothed and it passed

3. Cheers mate. Ive only just taken miine off for the MOT tomorow. I will tape over the holes where the washers were and keep my fingers crossed

4. Am i right in saying that the 225 2007 doesnt have HIDS?

5. I think the MOT rule is if a safety device is fitted it must work, are headlamp washers safety items is the question here.

There are a few grey areas between the construction & use regs and MOT practice, for example you are only required to have two mirrors, one being on the drivers side. On the other hand it's a safety item so if the passenger mirror is broken it can be judged a fail but if completely missing it's ok and a pass for the car on mirrors.

brake lights are another one, only two are required and after a certain year one has to be a high level central unit, you'll still be failed if one of the regular ones is not working.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. Well.......it failed lol.

If its fitted it has to work is the easy way to look at it. I removed the washers but not disconect the motor......so it failed as it was 'obviously defective'. If i had pulled the headlamp washer fuse and removed the washers it would have been ok. Lesson learnt!