Handbrake cables 225

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by sen, Oct 18, 2017.

1. sen

sen

does everyone go genuine Renault with these or just get whatever from a parts shop?

When I had my clip 172 the forums said Renault only.

Had mine done not that long ago with rear discs pads and calipers and already the first few clicks have no resistance at all. Are the Megane handbrakes poor or should they at least hold the car on a steep hill without having to be in gear?

2. they should be standard renault megane cables, i doubt renault did a cables for this car only, they tend to carry over parts from all around their list of parts including vans onto their sportcars, check on catcar if the part numbers are the same for a standard megane and a 225 and you'll get your answer

3. sen

sen

I mean would you go for genuine parts or are all brands the same.

4. motor factors part work the same, they fine, if your are not sure you can always benchmark prices between motor factors and Renault and ask who is the manufacturer of this parts and research who they are.

I have fitted Non OEM parts on mine,
    Try renaultpartsdirect, they are fairly cheaper then dealer and you would get Original stuff

5. Handbrake was crap on mine and wouldn't hold on a steep hill unless I used two hands. Turned out that it needed new guide tubes under the carpet as they were corroded. With new guides tubes and cables the handbrake works great.

6. Think I got mine from euro that work fine been on a year now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sen likes this.
  7. sen

sen

Ahh. Might be worth a look mate. Mine was bad again within days of having new cables discs and pads. Thanks for that.

8. In my case, it was the calliper that had a sticky piston that gave the terrible handbrake. Had it serviced and cleaned but it’s reverted back to crap again.