Girlfriend whiplash claim

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Charlie Howard, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Just to add the shit someone is claiming whiplash against my girlfriend. He broke very hard in front of her, going maybe 15mph. She tapped him and when I say tap I mean tap, No damage to her car and a little dent to his. We have dashcam footage and I saw him walking around perfectly fine 10 seconds after the incident. He is now claiming whiplash.

I have his number and it's taking everything for me not to call him and tell him what I think about him.

Any suggestions on what we should do?

2. Give the dash cam footage to the insurance company and they’ll have his pants down if he’s putting it on!

3. Where there's blame there's a claim

suck it up, its going to happen, and you are going to loose :tongueout:

4. Unfortunately Mikeyjp is right.

They are going to have your pants down and use crunchy Pnut butter as lube.

No matter what speed your going if you go into the back of anyone your at fault. Unless someone hits you in the ass then you go into someone else's ass etc

Keep us updated and keep your cool mate. Don't call him it's not worth the hassle, it will make you even more pissed off. He's probably being advised by some claim company what to do anyway so yeah suck it up I guess :worried:

Feel for you though

5. Somebody tried this with me ask for an insurance
    assessor to come and have a look at the cars. the one that tried against me had there claim dismissed because there wasn't enough damage to back up her claim

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cazper likes this.
  6. Charlie Howard

There is no way he has an injury, was walking around fine after the light tap. The actual accident happened at 4/5mph.

Per suggestion we might get a PI to follow him and prove he isn't injured.

I have all his details.

7. Charlie Howard

I'm not taking this, he is not injured. No matter the outcome I will be contacting him to let him know my thoughts, but I will wait until it's sorted

8. I know you’re pissed and I would be too but I’d like to just give a slightly different angle on this.

Some time ago my Mrs had a 10 year old car and someone hit the back of her, in what sounds like a similar scenario to yours.

The insurance wrote the car off without a second thought and offered us a pittance for it.

Great! We’d just bought a house and couldn’t afford to add any money a half decent car. Not to mention the hassle of finding another and swapping insurance and what not.

We went with a whiplash claim and that barely topped the claim up enough to get us back to where we were before the accident.

I’m not condoning this because it’s highly dubious and immoral. But sometimes things aren’t as sinister as they seem.......sometimes.

Then again, he could be the biggest scumbag known to man......but it’s irrelevant.

What I’m saying is calm down and move on.

If you get all worked up about it, you (and probably your other half) are the the only one/s that’ll suffer.

Either way, I hope it works out ok for you.

Genty likes this.
  9. Charlie Howard

It's a different situation. His car barely has any cosmetic damage, let alone being written off.

I just don't like scum bags getting away with shit like this. What is already very expensive insurance for her is now going to be even more and all the stress that goes along with it.

I will make sure that he has a stressful time from me too.

10. Sort of world we live in now, no such thing as whiplash claims 20+ years ago

11. Just let your g/f’s insurance company deal with him. Give them all the evidence then take your g/f out for a nice dinner. Life is too short for both of you to deal with these drudges — insurance companies do it so much better!

12. TimR26

TimR26 South Central RSM Area Rep

Walking round fine after the incident doesn’t mean he hasn’t got whiplash. Someone went into the back of me a few years ago and I didn’t feel pain in my neck until a couple of days after.

evojkp and massivewangers like this.
  13. This. I had an accident last weekend (at much more than 15mph!) and my neck didn't hurt until the next day. Adrenalin can be a factor.

However, just submit it to your insurance company and let them deal with it. That's what you pay them for. I believe they have changed the rules on personal injury claims recently, but not sure how that might impact it.

14. Exactly, i had a 60mph head on smash, and if my foot had not been trapped under the pedal, i would have been out the car walking around

15. Her car insurance doesn't cover it?

16. whether he claims for whiplash or not, her premium next year will be the same regardless, its a shit turn of events and a sign of the times compo culture, people pay a fortune for insurance they are going to get there moneys worth when it does go tits up

just get some one to go round and actually give him whiplash, also doctors can dismiss false claims of whiplash, he will need a sick note off the doctor to claim i believe

17. I thought whiplash claims were being binned off under some new rule to prevent things like this?

18. Yeah pretty sure they have changed the rules, but not sure how. Got a claim going through myself and reported a bit of neck pain, so will be interesting to hear what they say. When I had a claim about ten years ago, they were all over it.

19. well if hes gonna claim you might aswell go around his house and give him some real whiplash :tearsofjoy: