250 gear change indicator and beep

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by harpo, Aug 5, 2013.

1. I dont seem to have these although the up and down icons ate present on the tacho. Is it because I dont have the rs monitor ?
    Or do they only work when the sport switch is flicked or something ? ( cos i havent given it the welly in sport mode yet).

2. works on all 250/65's regardless of the monitor being speced

3. Thanks, is there a menu to switch them off and on then ?
    The handbook doesnt seem to cover this ???

4. No, you can only adjust the flash shift/beep if you have the monitor otherwise it is pre set.

5. So obviously not giving it enough beans then :-)

6. Mine only works in sport mode, tried and tested.

7. No monitor and beeps in or out of sports mode.

8. Must be if you have the monitor it only works in sport mode then?

9. +1. I dont have an RSmonitor and mine works like this.

10. mine works regardless of mode, iirc the flash/beep is built into the dials not the monitor.

11. I personally find the beep far too quiet for any use once the cars screaming up the revs and although the light is noticable you have to be looking at the tacho anyway so may aswell just watch the needle lol. Maybe I'm going deaf.

12. I can understand the up arrow and how it works......but the down arrow ????? How does that work?
    ( not that I've got either of them to work yet! Will be giving it some beans tonight :-)

13. If you read the RS supplement manual that comes with the car it states neither up or down arrow are used/work but I've clearly seen the up arrow blinking at me near the limiter.

I thought the down arrow could be for when you activate a memorised speed in cruise control from too slow and it asks you to drop a gear to get it accelerating?

14. I think the normal meg's have a up and down arrow to help thick people to be in the right gear.

it show up or down to go into the correct gear to aid fuel efficiency.

15. On mine upper arrow works always in normal and sport mode. Lower arrow doesn't work at all.

16. Same on mine ......the manual says the down arrow is not used

17. I never read manuals :wink:

18. Nor me normally, but I was bored one night :-)

19. Find a girlfriend :-)

20. Nice idea...........Wife wouldn't be best pleased though

21. Hmmm who knows? :tongueout:

How is weather in Wales anyway? :wink:

22. Lovely sunny today for a change ;-)

23. Good, so towards Pembrokshire :wink: