Front end refresh

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Jambo87, May 12, 2018.

1. Picked parts up this morning for the front end. Cant wait to get rid of the creak lol. Oh and thats renault oil in a Nissan tub as i would get charged £9 for a Renault container

Attached Files:

2. How much were the parts. If they ain't too dear I may do mine for peace of mine. You don't realise sometimes until you change them, then it's like night and day

3. It come to 600 mate for 2bottom arms, 2 top mounts, 2 drop links and 2 anti rotation links. But that was through a friend of a friend who gets good discounts at renault

4. jesus..buying that lot from mister auto for the mk2, would be less than £100!
    would be just the bushes/ball joint for the arms though..not complete units.
    All trw parts as well ,which are OEM.

5. R well suppose thats the joys of owning a mk3 then lol. Tbh av just getting a few quid back on ppi so it softened the blow a little. But i can't bare that creak anymore so it will be money well spent

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Can do it a lot cheaper if you don't replace the full arm and just do all the balljoints

7. Well just picked car up and wow what a difference. Car feels brand new now. No creaks and knocks. Precise and planted just how it should. So parts and labour came to £750 and must say money well spent.

tof73 likes this.
  8. yep..worked wonders for my R26..shame i had to do all the fkn steering rack parts as well!
    Did they do the tracking after?

9. No tracking done. Should it have been. Tbh though car feels bang on no wobbles or pull under load

10. as long as the steering components havnt been refreshed,then no.