Front Brake Discs

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by sebinko, Aug 3, 2013.

1. I don`t know what I am doing wrong. tha car is 10 months old and I will have to change the front brake discs 3rd time.
    Today morning I have put new CL5_+ pads hoping the shaking of the car will disappear. the wearing wheel wasn’t shaking, therefore I though the pads are the issue.
    As I changed them and tried to get them work. the same shaking remained :-/ therefore my assumption is that the problem is in the discs. I don`t kwon anybody who would have such troubles with the discs as I do.

does somebody has experience with:

tarox
    http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4634&appid=20

or
    Godspeed
    http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~godspeed/product.php?id_product=185

or something else?

one more question. once i changed the Pads from oem to CL5+ the thin metal plate didnt fit to the CL5+ pads. can I use it without it or should I put it there even though it doesn’t fit?

DSC01241.jpg

2. Sounds like pad transfer to me , try braking hard and short .

Don't drag and repress the pedal whilst the brakes are hot . This is the main cause of pad transfer . Feels like the discs are warped .

Sometimes you can remove the pad deposits by using a very high Friction pad and a few hard stops

And as for the plate , it looks like an anti-squeal pad from the ferodo . I wouldn't fit it with your CL as it will just be loose in the caliper . Apply copper grease to the back of the CL pads this should keep them quiet

Hope that helps

3. Thanks for the advice. I will go today evening to do some hard stops from 200km/h and see if I can straight the discs (rotors). but if this doesnt work I need to go for new disc. any idea which one is the best?

here you can see the different color on the discs around the grooved area:

DSC01235-2.jpg

4. as john says, pad transfer. The first time i went to Spa i thought my discs were warped, but one of the lads told me how to brake properly and it went away after one session, i'm no track hero but braking harder for shorter helps, but it takes a bit of getting used to. there is no way you should be getting through that amount of discs.

5. thanks for the advice. will go on the highway in the early morning and try to break 20-30 times from 200km/h to about 50. hard. will report what is going on. probably post a video if it didn`t get better.