For the love of GOD can someone sort my airbag light?

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Mark_RS, Oct 13, 2017.

1. :smile:

I'm in Surrey, I need either a local person or someone to come to me and sort my airbag light out...there has to be someone out there that can do this for me before I die of old age?

Can you tell I'm fed up.

2. had mine done at KTec mate, i asked around on the forums, no one seemed able to help

3. Thanks Sunny, still waiting for cockers on here to come back to me...was hoping to avoid a long drive to KTec. Did you just show up and say 'fix this'?

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Any decent autoelectician should be able to sort it as well, Theres been a few guys up here that have had theirs done that way.

Im quite happy with my tape over them though lol

5. What about MOT time Jamie? I was thinking of maybe just removing the binnacle and taping over from the inside face...shame about the big 'Check airbag' warning.

6. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

We've done it on a couple of cars, couldn't find much info on the forums as to which exact pins it was and the cars tend to have different pin-outs depending on years, heated or not recaros or not e.t.c.

We ended up using Autodata and a multimeter to work out which signal was causing the fault by using wiring diagrams, then fitted the resistor and heatshrinked over the plug.

But I understand you might not want to drive to Rotherham just to have this done! Maybe leave it with us when you bring your car up?

7. if got foto of both halves of seat connectors (showing wire colours) might be able to help

8. Could try that Bob? My car had the CS Recaros (non heated) in there. Problem is I've removed the steering wheel airbag and the side curtain airbags now too so who knows what is causing the error.

@cgrautomotive the problem I have Charlie is that the car is due MOT mid November and I won't be able to see you before then!

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

No issues with MOT here :wink:

10. cgrautomotive

cgrautomotive RSM Trader

I'll see if I can get the wiring diagrams in PDF form and send them over to you via e-mail, might help you work out which bits need resistors/modifying

11. That would be amazing if you can Charlie...I think it may beat me though.

12. Could you send the wiring diagrams over to me please, changing the seats at the weekend.

13. Save yourself the bother, just pay an airbag man mobile guy to do it for you...

14. Mark RS, this is what I get, airbag light + big messages saying, "check airbag/check stopstart/steering not locked/ " plus doors locking / unlocking. Sometimes all this clears by itself next day but always comes back sooner or later.
    It's done it all again today after 3 trips being OK, I've now borrowed a diagnostic computer from my Renno' tech' man and as before it shows a DTC fault code for either the drivers or passengers doors impact sensor, it also currently tells me the fault is active, so I can clear the logged fault code and the warnings all disappear but return within a few seconds because the fault is active, previously these faults when diagnosed have been logged but not active at that moment in time. Why faulty door impact sensors throw up this plethora of other fault messages gawd knows, as I've mentioned in some previous posts of mine , Renault electrics are CRAAAAAAP !!

15. Change the sensor then?

16. Yeah I removed both the impact sensors behind the quarter panels and got those errors...just replace them, they weigh naff all and are easy to hide.

17. Ooooh, never thought of that Ryan :blush:, trouble is, I live about 130 miles round trip from a Renno' main dealer to get it done under warranty and my job won't allow me to get there in working hours, could get it done (hopefully) by my local Renno' man but I'd have to pay and to do both door sensors would prob' cost me £400 ish, I'll have to bite the bullet soon I guess one way or 'tother, or just sell the bastard, :joycat:

18. What diagnostics was used, would of thought clip would identify one or the other. You could buy the one sensor, change the one, if it still occurs use the old one to change the other, cant see them both failing.

19. Ryan it's a "Launch" diag' computer, used wildly in the motoring trade apparently and costs several thousand quid !!!, It's narrowed the fault (I hope) to the passenger door impact sensor circuit, DTC fault code890131, I'm now going to email Renault parts direct, on this forum as a trade supplier and see what transpires.

20. Well thats good, these things happen. Hopefully it will sort the issue, and never have another fault again.

21. Did this sort your problem. Mine has a similar fault.