250 Ferodo DS2500 where to buy?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by buddarock22, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Anyone know where the cheapest place is to pic these up for a MK3 Meg 250/265?

Had them on on Civic Type R and worked really well for the road.

Also are EBC yellow any good as they seem to be the cheaper alternative

Thanks Dan

2. Actually about to order a set for my 250 as well. Heard the Yellowstuff pads are a bit crappy from others. Found the DS2500's pretty cheap compared to other sites here:
    http://www.jdl-brakes.com/renault-megane-rs-mk2-mk3/brake-pads-for-oem-calipers.html

3. Hahah I never even realised. Will have to see what the total comes to. Wondered why there was such a big difference, everywhere else is around the 200 mark..

4. anywhere else to buy them?

KTEC selling them for £220, seems quite expensive when OEM's are only £55

5. Ktec will price match if you contact them.

6. George@RTR Parts

George@RTR Parts RSM Trader RSM Trader

Hi everyone, I'm a new Trader on here and can help you out with these DS2500 pads aswel as brake discs:

http://www.roadtrackraceparts.com/

Any questions send me a PM , cheers

7. Actually just checked and with taxes and delivery it's still only 170 from that JDL, a good 30 quid on average cheaper than most people selling so better than a kick in the teeth.. Unless KTec would match the original 134 price for just the pads haha? Chancing it a bit maybe.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  8. £200 on your site .. So Still £30 more expensive than the site mentioned above

9. I have just emailed KTEC to see if they can arrange some sort of price match

10. George@RTR Parts

Yes but I'm based in England, have the pads on the shelf and send them on next day courier , so not a fair like for like comparison with a Polish company

11. I've used George through CS in the past, very helpful and prompt delivery.

I've also been using JJC, they also give club discount

12. George@RTR Parts

Cheers Dan!

13. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I'll echo the above, He price matched a set of rear discs for mine

14. Nice website George! I will be bookmarking that for future use.

One thing I didn't spot on the site is a set of goodridge brake lines for the R26 meg. The rears on the Meg are a bit tricky, I think they changed spec on some models of 225/230

15. George@RTR Parts

Thanks a lot Jamie!

Cheers Ewan!

R26 lines are here mate:

http://www.roadtrackraceparts.com/goodridge-braided-brake-line-kits-renaultsport-megane-230.html

You're right, Renault changed the rear brakes between the ph1 and ph2 mk2 RS Megane

I can order any colour you want in the lines from Goodridge, any questions send me a PM please. Just keeps it in one place for me

16. Thanks notice that is the full set for my car, makes it much easier. Will pop an order in

17. George@RTR Parts

No worries Ewan. Yes all lines are listed as a kit, all pads per axle and all discs in pairs so nice and easy :smiley:. Thanks a lot

18. I found this topic, so why open a new thread if i can ask it here:

Ferodo DS2500 REAR brake pads any good with OEM slotted discs for MK3 RS Trophy ?
    (currently running stock pads)
    80/20 % = road/track

cheers

19. i have them in the rear of my R26 on drilled disks.
    to be honest i dont find them much better than standard brembo.
    they still groan with high speed stops, like the brembos did.

20. ok, i wonder if someone has the same opinion on a mk3 RS , and slotted instead of drilled. I think drilled discs are anyway problematic in general due to the design mainly

21. never had any probs with them in over 10 years.
    Even when they crack between the holes they seem to be ok,with no judder or vibration.
    Slotted disks though, were phased out on mk3`s due to the `cheesegrater` effect on the pads.
    Pads last far longer on plain disks.

Mish View likes this.