Enlarging oz metal spigot rings

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Danny Danger, Dec 28, 2017.

1. picked up a set of 2nd hand oz alloys, the seller said the centre bore was 66.1mm but there actually 64.1mm.

As there metal can I grind them with a Dremel or something to enlarge the spigots, I've looked and can't find any metal spigots, apparently you have to buy a oz fitting kit that comes with wheel nuts, anybody have an idea how much they are or if some one has some spigots kicking about. I need 76mm - 66.1

2. If you grind them with a Dremel, then they will end up shite & probably not concentric.No doubt somebody will be along in a minute with some expert advice.

3. If I use plastic they will melt, I've found some second hand spigots but at 65.1 not 66.1mm. Is 1mm enough of a difference to notice any wheel vibration

4. Why will they melt?

5. 65.1mm still wont fit.

6. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Spigots are not needed anyway, I don't run any on any of my wheels and I haven't died.

If your set on running them just get some plastic ones or you can get the metal ones off ebay for pennies

7. I have run without them before as i lost one in the workshop and never noticed anything wrong without having them fitted, mine spigot rings are plastic and they have not melted and i have done quite a few trackdays.

8. Well If it's good enough for you it's good enough for me. I read that without the correct bore your not transferring load into the hub

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

I've seen the argument for both sides tbf but I'm happy to run without, I don't think that once they are bolted/torqued up the hub takes that much load anyway

10. I'd still fit them, they must serve a purpose.

Even if its just to make fitting your wheels easy. Without them, unless you've got studs you'll be trying to support the weight of the wheel whilst lining the bolts up and getting the wheel bolts in. Just going to lead to swearing and cross threading I think