1. Hello fancy trying a set of theses out for my next couple of track days,

Where's the cheapest place to get then? Or does anybody know someone who gets them for cheap?

Thanks

2. Jjc race and rally Lewis , around £125 a set , there what I use

3. You trying to hide your true self Mr ultimate

4. Sorry , ultimate ?

5. Haha you gave it away when you said my first name! Mr Holland!

6. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Camskill?

7. camskills are 126 and on jjc website the pads say there 132?

8. Goon

Goon Banned

I wouldn't be buying these again for trackdays they don't even last 2 days on my car and fade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

9. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

3000s better for track work? Most are switching away from 2500s now.

10. Goon

Goon Banned

Haven't tried those but I'm told ds1.11 is where it's at.

11. MicKPM

MicKPM RSM Trader RSM Trader

Personally, I'd say you'd be better off with OE Brembo compound than DS2500's. Nothing good about them IMO and as above they seem to destroy themselves when they get properly warm. I'm not a hard man on the brakes when out on track but I killed a set at Bedford in a single day and cannot get why people rate them for fast road/track use. I then fitted a set of Brembo OE pads and they did a full day at Llandow (which admittedly is a lot less harsh on the brakes than Bedford is) and the difference in wear was night and day.

I now run DS3000's and are unbelievably great - worth the money IMO if the track is where you want to use them.

Mick

12. You have to know how to use your brakes if considering ds3000's very bad for pad deposits if you drag the pedal . Appart from that very good pads with awesome stopping power

Ds2500 are great if you want to use the car on the road aswell , not the most powerfull pads but good and the dust is easy to clean off . I've had no fade with mine on 330's

Ds1.11's seem to be all the rage ... I've not tried a set yet but one think to remember is they are a full blown race compound , expect lots of dust and lots if disc wear . Most people use then with cheap HC plains .

A little graph so you can see where differnt pads sit on the scale

[​IMG]

13. thanks for the info, might try a set of ds1.11 then, got yellow stuff on at the min so use them for my next rack day, just wanting to get a spare set :smile: wheres best place to pick the ds1.11's up? what cost?

14. Goon

Goon Banned

I've got a set of carbotech xp8 on mine now a nice guy gave me them for nowt there supposed to be really good to.

15. Better than 1mm of ds2500 you Had left on Wednesday

16. Goon

Goon Banned

Yeah they didn't last me very long mate the inside pads were down to metal

17. Ive done 4 trackdays on my ds2500's and got years of life left how are you braking!?

Granted not the best pad but miles better than stds and they didnt fade for me on track, perhaps its your braking style?

18. Done 5 trackdays on my DS2500 and still have life left in them, miles better than OE in my opinion, got a set of RC6 to put in next.

19. At least you got your money's worth ha ha

Even mine wore down a good bit at Oulton , seemed to work well on the 330's

You gonna try some of these DS1.11's next then

Are you going to use them on the 330's ? Or put a set of cheaper discs on Martin

20. ds1.11 are £200? someone whos got organisational skills see if anyone will do a group buy on track pads :smiley:

21. Give JJC a call I'm sure they do them allot cheaper than that , £150 springs to mind

22. probably get the same discs that John uses, seem to work well on the sheep : )

23. rc6 are the best pad i've used. miles better than ds2500. you'll love them, lock up the tyres easy!

24. Gray

Gray RSM Moderator

I am really disappointed with my DS2500's, I did Bedford a few weeks ago and after 3 laps I was experiencing massive amounts of brake fade (bare in mind I had new brake fluid and the discs where in good condition), I wouldn't class myself as a heavy braker nor a driving God on track but they where pretty pathetic!

I will be looking at other options for pads.

25. Tess Tickle

Tess Tickle Banned

So what is the proper braking method to get years of use out of track pads?

26. Try braking later , harder for less time meaning not so much heat build up, I use the £10 pads in mine and their blinding on track , it's not what tools you got but how you use them

27. haha going metal to metal at end of day??? driving home in them too are we?

28. Chiaki Khunt.

Chiaki Khunt. Troll.

I know a guy with an r26r and he uses the £10 pads in the rear with no problems at all. It's all about having a big tool and big tess tickles and knowing how to use them IMO.

29. ill be getting CL RC5+ for mine as its a road car but a mate was using RC6's in his 172 track car and they were outstanding no fade what so every and stop you in no time, only thing they squeal when cold

30. I ordered CL RC5+ as well. hope they will be OK for road. will test them as well on track. but I might as well go for the RC6 at the end

31. Hope the CL's are better than they where a few years ago, my RC5's fell apart.

32. the RC5+ are more road friendly and for the odd track day where's the RC6's are purely track pads

Yeah seen a few posts about that but im sure their website says they've made changes to them

33. I hope for the same :-)

any idea how to get them working? I mean when they are new

34. just bed them in as normal and they should be fine

35. Sounds about right, they flat out refused to admit there was any manufacturing fault with them. Ktec said I must have a faulty caliper and the pads where fine. What a croc of bull

36. I've got some Ktec discs (like that when I got it...) RC5+ and some sort of updated fluid.

Braking performance has been getting progressively worse and the discs need changing soon, as do the pads.

I'm thinking about the Brembo plain discs, some new fluid, but don't know what pads. Mainly road but with a few track days, lots of power wanted as I like late braking :wink: any suggestions? I would be a bit unsure about going for full track pads, I commute on the motorway daily, not bothered about noise or less cold performance too much, but longevity is important.

37. the Ferodo DSP are meant to be very good for fast road, occasional/light track use specially for daily car :smile:.

38. Well, i went to rc6's (track pad) and using them on the road was fine, all scarmongering on here! when they died i went with ds2500 which everyone bums which are definately not as good yet despite 2-3 trackdays, they have held up fine, everytime.

currently i run brembo hc's, rf1000 fluid and ds2500 and it's great for road, fine for track. if you want ultimate braking power get rc6 mate.