Sponsored By:  

Donnington this Monday Mar 12th + harness question.

Discussion in 'Track Days & Track Driving' started by eddie ninja, Mar 10, 2018.

1. No other Megs listed as going so assume no one else from here is but I’ll be in the blue R26.

Have many people used a race harness with the OE trendlines? Am considering doing that as still not 100% about pure buckets on what is mainly a road car.

Will be using rear seat bolts for anchoring plus whatever else you clever people suggest.

Cheers

2. if your seat reclines then fitting harness is counter intuitive and dangerous

3. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Not necessarily, Some are approved and fine to use with a harness, Such as the Sportster CS that come in the MK3

eddie ninja likes this.
  4. if you thing about how a harness is designed to work (the tension required) and then how a reclining seat works should be able to see the conflict and how the harness could very easily be compromised.

5. Interesting.

6. This "conflict" has been covered many times before. There's an official response from Recaro stating that the seat is perfectly safe with a harness.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. The best solution I could find is to use cargo lashing rings like these off of Ebay.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-Tie-do...260869&hash=item1a3a2ef6e7:g:gL4AAOSwdIFX1quu

Held in place with a bolt in the rear seat belt anchor points. I used Scroth harness lashing holders. One under the seat mount by the tunnel the other on the seatbelt mount by the door.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

eddie ninja likes this.
  8. Cheers fella - love this forum. :-)