direction of disc holes???

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by gjonmat, Aug 16, 2013.

1. ok this may sound weird but can some of you post pictures up of your front and rear disc`s only the ones with drilled or grooved. I have had a set put on but I think the drill holes are going the wrong way or the groves on the back are wrong too, hard to describe and I posted it on here so I don't get the p1ss took out of me like other forum, my directions are going as if cutting in to the pads or hold on I will try take some pictures

2. WP_002447.jpg WP_002448.jpg WP_002450.jpg WP_002451.jpg

3. as you look at them they are passengers side so the wheels will roll clockwise (to the left)

4. ps I know I have rusty nuts :rolleyes:

5. Hi, I think they only make the holes go in one direction to make the disc universal. I don't think they are left/right specific. Mine are the same, I noticed the other day!

6. they can be changed to be opposite way if you look and imagine your disc on the other side it will go in a different pattern if that make any sense at all

7. This any good
    [​IMG]

8. The hub part means it can only go on one way and is outside doesn't it? Not really sure though lol

9. Yes they are cut only one way (direction) and fit either side....the steeve wheels are the same though........pointing clockwise on one side and anticlock on the other. Dont matter though cos you only see one side at a time. The performance is the same.
    :smile:

10. They will work both ways mate

11. ok I will leave em as they are, cheers guys for your replys

12. It's totally irrelevant. They're only cosmetic at the end of the day.

13. Still poor attention to detail renault, we don't see this on Porsche or Mercedes.

14. No but you do on Aston Martins!

15. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Lol what?

It's a cheap hatchback not some super expensive sports car.

16. But in the grand scheme of things how much would it really cost to drill half the batch of discs out in the other direction.

Mercedes is hardly a high end sports car brand either.

17. lol!!!