Dash Cam

Discussion in 'Technology Chat' started by Just-that-ek, Nov 4, 2014.

1. As the titles says...I'm looking at getting a pair of dash cams for the front and rear, and wondered if anyone has fitted them to their cars.

How easy was it to install? Where did you buy it? Ect

Thanks

2. I got a front facing one after an incident where it would of been handy! I got a £99 from halfords with memory card. Only thing you would need is a longer usb to mini usb so you can hide it around the linings (about a fiver) and a 2 usb adaptor if you like to charge your phone as well! But it's a really handy bit of kit to have and easily hides behind your mirror!

3. Yes

Somewhat easy, depends on your skill set.

Ebay. £60 each, plus about £10 in parts to fit them.

Looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79fDRX8CL4E (the colours are off due to youtube messing them up, AND the quality is actually much better than that anyway + fun clip :smiley: )

4. Nmp

Nmp

That's really good quality video and sound.

5. Do you need notice displayed : CCTV in operation?

6. Cheers @GrumpyTwig

7. I recently went down the dashcam route as I'd had one in mind for some time. I decided to go to Halfords as I wasn't sure on the quality so wanted somewhere i could return it should I want too. Just as well as initially i bought the Nextbase 302G camera and was totally underwhelmed by the quality or lack of plus the first one gave me a card error after not much use, the second one picked up the colours strangely. So i returned it and went for the Nextbase 402G which has a bette quality feel to it and records in full HD. The video quality is excellent, it makes a massive difference being able to pause the video and read number plates without an issue.

[​IMG]