250 CV boot

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by jack250, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Gave the car a clean today and noticed some grease drip marks down the tyre. Took the wheel off and there was grease all over the wishbone etc due to a split rubber boot. I've rang ecp but it's a Renault only part according to them?

Just wanted to know how easy this is to change and what it entails? Cheers

2. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

RPD, 54 quid.

Fairly easy if your handy but you'll probably need to top up the box fluid as you'll loose some when taking shafts out

jack250 likes this.
  3. Cheers Jamie. I've just fit some coilovers so pretty much the same process isn't it. How do you put oil in the box and check it? Cheers

4. Left side of box, plastic wing nut, fill it until oil flows out.

jack250 likes this.
  5. From underneath or on top on the engine?

6. Underneath Bud.

7. So need a special tool to insert the oil from underneath?

8. No pal, when you buy your oil, it has a pull out tube, bend that into the fill hole, squeeze bottle with hands.
    If your bothered about it, go to a garage.

jack250 likes this.
  9. Spot on mate. Cheers for the help

10. Does the drive shaft just pull out once it is out of the hub?

11. Yes, it will probs pop out when you are trying to get the shaft out of the hub, but drain at least a litre of oil from the gearbox first or have a catch tray under.

jack250 likes this.
  12. Cheers. Going to get the parts ordered today and fit once they arrive. Nice one for the help as always chaps

13. Jack did u manage to do this ok. Just replaced shocks on mine and noticed boots split. Is ecp selling the rs 1s now?

Cheers