1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creaking window

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Chrisball35, Apr 16, 2018 at 8:39 AM.

1. Chrisball35

Chrisball35

I posted a separate thread about trim noise. I've now narrowed it down to where it's coming from and it seems to be the drivers side window. When going through camber changes or bumps in the road you hear a distinct creaking noise coming from the driver door. If you slightly nudge the window down it stops. Anyone else had this? Any thoughts to stop it?

Thanks

2. Mikeyjp

Mikeyjp

Car:
    Megane 250 RS + Cup
    Think you are expecting to much from a French car :tongueout:,maybe you could try removing and refitting the trim around the window

3. Andy63

Andy63

get some gummi pflege on it. Its like silicone grease. gets rid of the noise.

I have the same problem every so often.

4. Chrisball35

Chrisball35

Cheers for the replies. I had considered I was expecting a bit more of a.... Ahem... Sturdy build than I should be. However I'll try the grease. Probably a dumb question but where do you put it around the window ?

5. Chrisball35

Chrisball35

It's OK .... Just seen a clip on YouTube

6. Chrisball35

Chrisball35

Great tip on the gummi pflege. Sorted my window right out... I'm now longer losing my mind whilst driving!

7. Andy63

Andy63

Glad to be of assistance. Can't do with creaks in the car. Does my Swede in.

8. 197gaz

197gaz

I get some creaking off the doors

Tends to be if Ive waxed/sealed the car, it washes down when rained on, the door seals the creak. Bit of dry lube sorts it right out :-p!

9. steering

steering

please send the link