225 Cooksport springs

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Danp, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Ah i didny see the winky face earlier haha :tongueout:

2. [​IMG]

My mate just sent me this! I haven't even had chance to buy my own yet! But I sent him your way. Haven't heard reviews on the clio but they're highly recommended for the megane.

3. I've spent the past 2 days gradually fitting my Cooksport springs with my dad (bought him some well earned beers as he did most of the work). The car feels much more planted on the road and the steering is much sharper when changing direction. I'm very impressed with them! I'm planning on changing my gearbox oil and washing my car tomorrow so I'll post some pictures of how it's sitting. :cool:

4. Still haven't got round to fitting mine yet!
    Might have a go this weekend if the weather holds out.
    Anyone got any tips or tricks?

5. Mine are still under my bench at work:worried:

6. I'm defo no mechanic and tackled it the other day. Took me about 5 hours on my own but fairly straight forward mate.
    started on fronts, jack the front up (both sides) took out the bolt holding the damper to the hub and disconnected the ARB then undo the 3 both mount bolts under bonnet, this is a tad tricky now as you need to get the damper out of the hub, I jacked the car back up, put a bar from the floor up to the bracket on strut and gently lowered the car down and tapped the hub witha rubber mallet, I'm not saying this is the right way but just seemed easiest for me and worked well. The shock will then come out, swap springs and re assemble the same way, just be carefull not to pull the drive shaft out (like me) as it's easy done when trying to get the strut back into the damper.
    rears are easy. Jack the rear axle to take weight then undo A bolt for each side under boot carpet and Lower it down on the jack, springs will come away, new ones in then back up it goes.
    wheels on and happy days! :smile:

7. Gave my car a quick wash this afternoon. This is how it's sitting on the Cooksport springs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks awesome! :cool:

8. Damn perfect!! Can't wait to get mine fitted with the R26 shocks, what shocks do you have on yours??

9. I was going to fit R26 shocks too but one of my front springs snapped recently so couldn't wait for them unfortunately. I'm just using my original 225 shocks. :smile:

10. Anyone got a how to? I've tried tonight and can't get the strut out the hub at all!

11. It just takes a bit of persuasion mate, just get some WD40 on it and prob the bar under the bracket so the strut stays in place and knock the hub down with a mallet.

12. Cheers, I'll give that a go! Just seemed like it wasn't moving at all!

13. Ye just jack the car right up then lower it onto the bar that's propping the strut up and as you lower it just give it some with the mallet.

14. I had to remove my bottom balljoint as my wishbone was maxed out with the strut still in the hub. Easy to do tho

15. Tried taking the ball joint out too, wouldn't budge! Wouldn't care, this is the first of three to do, this is the first and put us right off! Lol

16. The backs can me done in 5 mins on the deck fronts obv more work involved but as said try wd40

17. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Looks awesome that pal

18. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

looks great that captain, it'll settle a little lower too

19. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

That looks fantastic!!

20. Found out yesterday my front spring has broken, yippee, toying with get some of the springs, how much more do they lower by, I have a 07 225 lux with the cup pack. Also how much are they and what is the delivery time?

21. Just been on there website, does anyone know if they are available yet as it says out if stock.

22. Sold out now

23. Damn! Looks like it will be standard front springs now.

24. Cheers for the help, got two cars done over the weekend! Looks and feels much better!

25. Fitted mine today, along with brand new R26 Dampers with many thanks to Losi_8_boy for ordering the Cooksport's and send them abroad and Adam for the R26 dampers! Car transformed a 1000% feels so much more planted and turns in much better and sharper! Happy me!
    Here some quick after pic's taken with my iPhone

12818448755_d9175dda0e_b.jpg
    IMG_0376 by Paul_jazzy83, on Flickr

12818532513_04a13c4acc_b.jpg
    IMG_0375 by Paul_jazzy83, on Flickr

26. Will.

Looking good!

27. Looks fantastic mate...

28. Yup, looks proper.... Very nice of you glen.

29. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

Looks great, awesome to see them outside the uk now aswell

30. Considering the OEM 225 shocks where almost 120k abused, you can imagine how it must transformed, it even is more comfier now!

31. looking good mate!

32. Thread revival time, how long does it generally take for the springs to fully drop? Had mine fitted on Saturday and really happy with the ride/ look, just wondered if they will drop any more.

33. Had mine fitted friday too well happy with them the drop is just right looks like it could be oem another 10mm would be low
    [​IMG]

34. Will.

Struggling to see the arch gap on that lol. Although I'm using an old school CRT monitor at work at the moment :cool:

35. Haha not the best quality pic tbh i need a real camera instead of phone camera

36. Looks spot on.....

37. I'll grab a pic of mine later and put it up, yours looks good Mr cakes. The meg's stance is so much more aggressive with these springs.

38. Cheers guys its hard to take a good pic with it being all black nothing stands out looks miles better in the flesh though

39. Man up :wink:

(I can't even find that post now I've quoted it.. Not sure what happened there!)

40. Just ordered a set of these, cant wait to see difference when i do cadwell agin with cooksports and track tyres as opposed to road tyres. :smile: