225 Cooksport springs

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by Danp, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Mine came today too

2. Mine turned up today too, great service! I'm looking forward to fitting them but I'm now very tempted to get new R26 shocks to complement them as my 225's shocks have done over 61000 miles now (not mega miles I know).

Is there much difference between my current shocks and the R26 ones? Aside from them being new of course!

3. And pricey?

4. They aren't that pricey to be fair 50 quid a corner iirc which is as cheap as the springs

5. I stand corrected, for some reason I thought they were a lot more than that. Sounds like a worthy investment if you have the pennies, but I'm not sure of the advantages over stock R26 I'm afraid.

6. Is there much difference between r26.r and r26 dampers?

7. Huuuuge price difference! They alongside the springs are rated differently and are only available from Renault, alas that's as much tech as I know on spring rates damper ratings etc. I'll be buying new stock dampers to suit my new shiney cooksport springs.

8. Looking forward to fitting them lol, obviously never done a set of front springs on a 225 :tongueout:

9. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

Enjoy :wink:

10. R dampers are softer by something like 30percent iirc due to it having less weight They aren't some super damper though

11. Picked mine up from the office today. Look what they did to the box.
    [​IMG]
    comedians!

12. Lol!!

13. Arrived today as couldn't do Monday or Tuesday. Fantastic service.

14. When are they being fitted ?

15. Not too sure mate. Will try and get booked into Kenny Brown to get them fitted.
    It'll probably have to wait until after payday (21/2)

16. So nothing special over the R26 damper? Just softer due to the r having less junk in its trunk?

17. Yes mate
    putting r dampers on an r26 would more than likely make it worse due to them being set for less weight etc

18. R dampers have a lot more damping and especialy the rebound is a lot more agressive.It is the springs that are softer.But only few percents per corner.

19. I got my new springs on Monday! Well chuffed with the quick service.

Can't decide whether it is worth replacing the dampers at the same time? My car is only 6 year old R26 with 42k miles, is it worth doing or should leave it until they get a few more miles on?

20. And lol to this!

21. Ordered mine today!

22. gaz

gaz

Going to order some today, any discount code? or are they just that price full stop?

23. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

Nah Gaz, no discount available on them.

24. @paul_sbt says springs have been delivered? Let me know they have arrived. You inbox is full

25. Ordering mine Friday. Cannot wait

26. Hi mate, my neighbour brought them today, so it arrived perfectly! Thanks again, you're a top bloke! I'll make it up to ya;-)

27. Good stuff... Thanks

28. Nice one Glenn, Paul will be the only man in Holland on cooksports!

29. Hell yeah!

30. Arrived today! Quick delivery, now have to fit them without the missus finding out...

31. Just tell her the truth... That a spring has list a coil abd it's dangerous if you don't have all 4 changed "like for like" as soon as possible. ;-)

32. Ash87

Ash87 RSM Moderator

or grow a set and say you treated yourself for once :wink:

33. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

You spent the money you earn. No need to hide it.

34. There is when you've got a hormonal 5 month pregnant girlfriend, would rather keep this one quiet lads!

35. Naith

Naith RSM Admin

my world.

36. Been in this world 4years, sometimes just best to keep quiet

37. Shes been 5 months pregnant for 4 years? :O

38. I have a 4 year old son as well as one on the way... Smart arse

39. Touched a nerve:confused:

40. Haha not really mate!