Clunking from the front RS250

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by nebz250, Jun 12, 2018.

1. I know this may be a stretch to identify but i thought id ask im experiencing clunking from the front happening only when engaged in reverse when parallel parking with a clunk to start then with a few clunks when straightening out. Very weird but that's only when it occurs thus far. Tyre's are quite worn though if that makes a diff as i know it does funny stuff like skip and full lock when. RS250 only 50 000km

2. Started happening after changing rotors and pads. It sounds like something is shifting and re-aligning.

3. I'd check on the last work that was done.

4. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

callipers not full torqued or if you have some race spec pads it may just be them moving in the caliper, A lot of them are slightly undersized to allow for expansion when hot

5. Does sound like pad movement, some aftermarket pad backing plates are few mm undersize and typically knock when braking in reverse

6. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Mine does this too, it's the rear pads on mine. I don't think it's an issue.

7. My xp8 pads do this.

bobsan likes this.