250 Check ABS

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by jack250, Jun 19, 2017.

1. I keep getting the 'check abs/esp' when I apply full lock? Goes off after 10 seconds. Any ideas chaps?

2. ABS sensor, happened with mine 2 weeks ago. Will need to plug in to diagnostics to find out which side. I have a brand new drivers side one if it turns out to be that side.

3. Nice one mate. Will a normal diagnostic machine do the job or does it need to be the Renault clip one?

4. Normal diagnostics will read it mate.

5. Spot on. Cheers mate. Will let you know if I need the drivers side

6. Did you solve this? Mine on first start this morning came up with Check ESP then Check ABS with a spanner and the ABS icon remaining on permanently. Any ideas what can be wrong and where i should look? Assuming plugging in CLIP will help narrow problem down?

I'm new to CLIP so where would I go and what would be the steps to diagnose with CLIP?

7. Yeah I did mate.Turned out to be a faulty ABS sensor. A fault reader pointed me in the right direction as to which side it was. Fitting takes all of 5min! Normal reader did the trick