Cheap r26r

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by Zs_phil, Jan 25, 2014.

1. I don't think its the infamous Redline one. This was up for sale last year for about 15k.

2. 44k miles maybe the reason , think its a guy down Devon who is in the forses, I tried to look at it 2 years ago but could never get touch with him

3. I wonder what the 'short through' gear lever is?

4. I reckon that was meant to say "short throw". Maybe it has one of andrewjeffs kits, which is no bad thing.
    44k? Not that surprising. I wouldn't buy one to stand and stare at it.

5. This! If it's done 5k is not putting a smile on its owners face nearly enough!

6. Id also agree they deserve more than a lifetime looking at the garage door

7. I also agree. I just don't understand people's obsessions with buying a car and not driving it. I can't ever see myself selling mine so it won't matter what mileage is on it :smiley:

8. fancy coming toSpa Rob, pm me

9. Yeah come on rob, loads of us going mate

10. When you going ?

11. This... cars are made to be driven not hidden, hence why they are not made from cotton wool

12. 7th - 9th of April track day on the Tuesday the 8th

13. Not this year mate. No way I can afford it. Cambelt due, Wife's 40th and a few other work related things I have to pay out for. Self Employment sucks lol :wink:

14. Dont' get me wrong, I love detailing mine, and am pretty anal about the paintwork and where I park it etc, but I bought mine May 2013 on 21k and have since put 10k on it, with a lot of smiles per gallon :smiley:

It's what they're all about!

Looking forward to getting mine serviced and a few other bits done to it in March, then getting it all cleaned up and detailed for the summer!!

15. I'm the same although mine isn't an R, would still do the same with any car I have, drive it mean keep it clean :smile:

16. Dan

Dan

Bought mine in July last year at 3,400 miles and now she has done 4,200 miles.. (Now its in storage, just did not get chance to use it this summer)

But will hopefully use her more in 2014.

17. Bloody hell, it's not even run in yet :wink:

18. I like that motto

19. Neithers mine mine! '08 LY R26 :smiley: It was featured in in Auto Car with it's previous owner though, which is quite cool :tongueout:

[​IMG]

Having said that, it is depressingly filthy now. I'm hoping to get it down to LiquidF1 a bit later in the year for a proper spring detail ahead of the summer.

20. Mines desperate for a machine polish! Managed to get a layer of wax down last weekend to see it through to spring when it will need doing, I'm a machine virgin though so will be getting someone with experience to do it ... any takers?

Don't know why I thought you had an R lol

21. Salty

Salty RSM Moderator

the r has a shorter throw as standard anyway so unlikely to have been an aftermarket kit.

22. Didn't know that.

Wonder if the levers been shortened some how, can't be hard if it's metal and you have a welder.

23. It's not the lever, it's done the same way as Andrew does the mod. Except his is actually an even shorter throw.

24. Who is this with? Looking to go over around this time but was hoping renaultsport date was officially announced.

Plan to get some ring time in during visit.

25. It's through gold track , quite a few of us are going

26. Thanks for that, but found more info on renaultsport day now so booking that then staying at ring for rest of week.