Changing gearbox oil

Discussion in 'Mechanical - Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust etc' started by Stock265cup, Oct 28, 2018.

1. I was thinking of changing the gearbox oil in my 265cup sometime soon. I have seen the drain plug is easily accessible but don’t know if points where you could refill the gearbox are easily accessible whilst in position on the car. Anybody know/done the job? Or is it a complete pig of a job?

2. Its a bit of a job, on your drive its passenger wheel off, inner wheel arch out and then its behind there, or a piece of tubing on the end of a funnel into the engine bay, filler plug is also the level.

On a car ramp, under tray off and fill using a pressure pump.

3. Not sure if it’s similar to the r26 setup but there’s a nylon butterfly nut on the gearbox which you can access via the near side wheel arch once wheel removed.
    Stick in a piece of garden hose fed from engine bay with a funnel and pour away until it starts to spill out.
    There’s a recommended level of about 2.4l I think, so to achieve best drain and fill, I jacked up the off side as high as I could to remove as much of the old oil as possible as drain is on near side. Get the car back level and fill until it spills out of filling hole. After doing this method, I sill only achieved a 2.25 litre fill. Hope this helps?

coetseejj.rd likes this.
  4. Yep, cheers for the info.