Castle combe crash 4th Sept 2017

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cazper, Sep 5, 2017.

1. 20170904_170406.jpg 20170904_170402.jpg 20170904_170408.jpg 20170904_170414.jpg Day started wet but the track dried out as the day went on

2. 20170904_145520.jpg Some interesting cars there

3. wow that was a busy day

4. Then right near the end of the day. Tyre blew out 20170904_172414.jpg 20170904_172418.jpg 20170904_172106.jpg 20170904_172419.jpg 20170904_172414.jpg

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  5. Hit the tyre wall side on....such a shame but probably not the best track car out there

6. a few went home early with electrical problems and blown engines, as you could book am or pm or whole day then it was not particularly busy and some pics were taken mid afternoon when many had buggered off

7. Blown engine :rage: i know that one :laughing:

I do like it later on on trackdays it does clear out a bit but that is like having the track to yourself.

eddie ninja likes this.
  8. Seen a few motors knock the tyres off the rims on track, particularly if you like a bit of heavy kerb action.

9. yes YouTube is great for all that stuff isn't it

10. Or just rely on experience dude.....

Once helped a chap that rolled one off the rim on circuit by just using a trailer tie down strap and ratchet around the tyre circumference to squeeze the bead back up against the rim. Easy if you know how.

11. I should imagine a Continental GT hammers it's tyres on track. Big, heavy buses they are.

12. For sure, good to see a variety of stuff hammering round. The big gear does test Newtons laws.

Letting a bit of wind out the big, soft tyres to keep the pressures neat when hot can cause problems while having a long puff on a cigar over lunch and then they are cold and a bit loose when going back out.

13. did make a great noise though.....the yellow thing is a reliant kitten, thinking about it that could be our aerofoil under cover on a track day

sunnylunn likes this.
  14. sounds like he works for the AA

15. NJH

NJH

Important thing is Chris was I right about Combe and did you enjoy it? I don't love it in the some way as Thruxton but I have really enjoyed it there sometimes, fast laps can be a really intense ride.

16. yes really enjoyed it, the day started off very wet and the new track held the water much more than the old track. started off on the rainsport 3s then mid morning switched to new R888rs as thruxton finished off the last set. the new surface is really nice but a bit undulating at high speed after the start finish straight but I did have the coilovers wound up a bit more. would definitely go back again for sure. was doing steady 1.28s and it was very enjoyable. braking after avon and before quarry took a bit of getting used to, I could not keep it flat out through avon then turn and brake at the last minute into quarry. that will take some confidence before that trick. you were right about the track being slippery and holding the water