225 Calliper bleed nipple snapped..

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by iiPaul, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Long story short, last bleed nipple to do and it snapped, what are my options how am I to remove it? The brakes are all bled and working and it's not leaking it's just snapped off, how would I go about getting it out? Would it be okay to drive?

af672d61c351ea2124c48b0782e7663d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. I'd get the caliper off and get it in a vice. Might be worth investing in a LH thread extraction kit. Bit of time, patience and heat will probably see it come out. Worth replacing all the nipples when you re bleed the system they're only a few quid

3. I wouldn't drive it, no.

I know you say it's not leaking but how can you be sure it won't when putting a few hundred bar of pressure into the system?

You need to get a screw extractor in there and hope it will come out, then replace.

4. Does anyone know the thread size for the brembos? I want stainless ones all round..

5. M10 x 1.00

£2.50 from HEL (each).

6. Thanks [emoji1303] do I need a specific length?

7. No they are a universal thing.

You can get titanium ones if you feel like springing some more £.

8. I understand this is quite a common problem due to them rusting if they don't have the covers on them. Hence why you should either replace them if there is any sign of rust or get them covered!

9. Steel into aluminium is the usual reason - galvanic corrosion weakens the nipple.

It's worth replacing the nipples when bleeding the brakes or refurbishing them imo.

L-1011 likes this.
  10. 2ef50b5db53cf62730e8ffe84cc39bc9.jpg

542bb9909df413cba5fe18f5cfe8e419.jpg

Nipple is out just awaiting new stainless replacements :smile:

11. good job :fearscream::grin: