Call me stupid

Discussion in 'Megane Discussion' started by rory265, Sep 26, 2013.

1. So after 3 months of ownership of my 265 I have only just discovered I have headlight washers lol. When pulling the stalk I always wondered why I could hear it going on for so long. They are probably a standard thing on cars now days but I got giddy when seeing them come out and squirt, looks real cool.

2. They are good but they piss me off when ive cleaned the car and they come on and leave streaks all over the bumper and wing!!

3. Haha, this pisses me off too. On the Mk2 they only come on when the headlights are on and you use the windscreen washer jets.

4. Will.

Will. RSM Moderator RSM Moderator

You're stupid :wink:

They do annoy me when they leak though. My clio ones leaked like it was a needy wench crying.

5. My clio ones always popped off in the frosty weather. To the point I used to use windscreen wash that was good for -40c lol.

6. Pisses me off too not just because of the streaking it leaves but it goes through washer fluid in no time.

The headlight washers are only activated if you hold the stalk back for a second or two (and have the headlights on).

If you just want to wash the screen you need to click the stalk back (i.e dont hold it in), you may need a few clicks to get a decent amount of fluid but it saves your freshly cleaned bodywork. :wink:

7. If you insist!! :tongueout:

8. :smiley:

9. -Jamie-

-Jamie- RSM Moderator

Took me about the same amount of time as well LOL! Thought it was just Xenon equipped cars that had them!

10. Had trouble with mine freezing a year or so ago. They were frozen for about a week! You could hear them trying to move but they didn't budge.

I was worried they might not work after, but when it warmed up they seemed fine.

That said, I've upped my screen wash to water ratio ready for the winter :smile:

11. That's what i thought ?

12. Seems I'm equally stupid!!!

Mines a none xenon too.....

13. Same here, i thought they were blanks too :banghead:

14. Yep bugger me, tried mine tonight and with the lights on they got a wash! Who knew. Mind you i had to get out and clean them as the light beam went all over the place! I to have non xenon.