Bulb Colour Matching

Discussion in 'Electrical & Interior - Security, ICE, Wiring Loom' started by Euan Brownlie, Oct 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Has anyone found a decent, bright set of H7 bulbs that match the colour of the day time running lights on the 265? The standard bulbs are lightly warmer looking and it bug me slightly.

2. Spending to much time stood in front of it :tongueout:

3. There doesn’t exist an incandescent bulb that output the white of LED, only option is HID or LED in H7 fitting

4. Charlie Howard

Charlie Howard RSM Club Member

Osram Night Breaker Laser 150% are the brightest and whitest halogen bulbs you're going to find. You could stick an LED in it but it really is blinding to other drives, I tried it in mine and immediately took them out.

5. gen 1 LED's were scatter pattern on dip beam, gen 2 or 3 are better at following cut off pattern of headlamp

6. Charlie Howard

Could you swap the actual dripped beam part out of the headlamp with something else like a Xenon?

7. Charlie Howard

8. why bother, just fit HID module, there's shed load out there and silly cheap now that LED's are threatening to outsell plus HID are still super bright and dont get the scatter glare.

9. Charlie Howard

I was under the impression that HIDs dazzled too