225 Brake Judder

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tyres section' started by meso100, Nov 3, 2013.

1. I have had new pads on and still noticing feedback from the brakes.

When braking hard from a high speed and letting go of the steering wheel the steering wheel judders a hell of a lot that its very visible.

When braking towards the end when the car has practically slowed its like two feelings, like more friction at part of the roll and then less friction for the other part. If it was the same under acceleration you would say the car was kangarooing.

So, its MOT time next week what do you guys think? Warped disc, ABS problem or something else?

Thanks

2. If your disks look lipped/old I'd get them changed. Check your wheel balancing also. Not sure about the ABS query mind.

3. Yes the discs are lipped. What does that mean? Will the pad be trying to connect at the top of the disc where the lip is so its hitting at an angle?

4. It means they are worn, possibly a lot. A lipped disk will hamper braking slightly yes, as to what extent is how long is a piece of string. If they look had it, change em. It's the warping that will cause judder though.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  5. This was a warped right disc! Changed both front discs and the car was fine. Now its sold and I am out of this hell hole!